Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Jesus as our Protector

I was having my quiet time this morning and reading my Max Lucado devotional calendar. Today's verse was Romans 8:34 (the message version) - "The One who died for us...is in the presence of God at this very moment sticking up for us." That caught my attention - I've always wanted an older brother who would stick up for me.
It went on to say "Jesus is praying for us...Jesus has spoken and Satan has listened. The devil may land a punch or two. He may even win a few rounds, but he never wins the fight. Why? Because Jesus takes up for you -- Jesus at this very moment is protecting you...And God will 'never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you through it.'"

Hmm - maybe my limit is set too high. Maybe I need to lower my limits of tolerance, ask for help sooner, start climbing out of the pit before I hit absolute rock bottom. Now there is a novel concept.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Being able to ask for help - not for the little things but for the things that really matter - is so key to start taking your life back. Communicating what you need clearly is important.

...Oh, and having an older brother is not all that it's cracked up to be! I have one, and I would never rely on him! ;)