Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Doctors Appt Update Part #2

So I go to my regular family doc this afternoon. He is reluctant to do anything with my thyroid, but he did finally consent to do the test. He also said that Class C drugs (like xanax and lexapro) carry some additional risks but he thought they were probably fine and OB doc was just covering his butt. He talked about the new med I'm trying and said NO getting pregnant on that. So we discussed the pros and cons. I decided ultimately to try the new med for now. If it doesn't work, then we'll do a different one - one that is safe on pregnancy. I've decided I'm giving this thing 3 months. If it's not stable by then, I'm chucking all the meds out the window and to hell with the consequences. I want my body back. I'll then try to get pregnant and deal with medication issues after the pregnancy.
That damn bastard stole my childhood and I'll be damned if I let him steal my dreams of having another child, or make me delay it much longer. Getting pregnant and being a mom is one of the few joys in life (besides DH of course) and I'm not willing to sacrifice it much longer. Damnittoallhell

No comments: