Sunday, April 29, 2007

New Medication

I started a new medication on Friday. It's called Trileptal which is typically used for seizures/epilepsy. I'm taking a very low dose in hopes it will help with the panic attacks. So far it is going great. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, but I can't help but be excited. Unlike anxiety/depression meds, this med works immediately. No 4-6 week wait to see if it will help.

Since Friday I've had a few very minor panic attacks. Unlike before Friday where I was at high anxiety all day with 3-4 intense panic attacks per day. I've enjoyed myself. Been very relaxed. My husband says I seem like "my old self." Things that would normally cause panic have not. It is really wonderful.

I've had a few side effects. I feel slightly drunk - a little off balance and uncoordinated. But those are easing too.

If there ever was a weekend I needed some good news, this was it. After a terrible jaw procedure on Wed, finding out I needed braces, a liquid diet since Wed, a sick daughter (complete with middle of the night vomiting), a service that I have to play a huge part in, and in-laws being here --- well I needed a panic-free weekend. And I got it.

(so fingers crossed, with lots of prayers and a whisper - I think this might actually be working..........)

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi, Enola. I use an anti-seizure medication, too. It is the only thing that has ever worked for me.

Enola said...

Really Lynn? Would you email me at enolasemail@gmail.com I'd love to chat more with you about this?