Friday, April 27, 2007

The Rubber Band is going to Break

I now have to wear rubber bands in my mouth. One snapped this morning. I won't repeat the words I said here, although it was more like a moan and garble, along with some hopping around the room until I collapsed on my bed.

My life is a rubber band today - stretched really really thin. I think today it might snap. If it goes in one direction, it will be an angry snap - usually directed toward my wonderful, dear husband who has been doing everything (and I mean everything) to keep our house and life running these last few weeks. Or the angry snap could be inward directed and make for a bad SI incident.

The other direction is sadness. I'd like to go in that direction because I think it would be good for me. But that's a more scary direction. Haven't been that way often. And right now crying would hurt like the dickens with my jaw - course the angry clenching isn't feeling so good either. And there there is the whole fact that DH is off today and home. Which means no retreating there to let loose either.

For right now, I'm trying to reign in the tension on this rubber band of life and get some work done.

No comments: