A nice bright orange color font because I am going to the beach. And beach means orange sun, and lying in the sun makes me happy!! These are my plans for the next 10 days.
- tonight I'll be 4-wheeling on one of those gater style golf carts with my husband and daughter, laughing and screaming.
- tomorrow I will be driving down to the beach relishing that moment when I can roll down my window and catch my first whiff of the beach air.
- tomorrow evening I will watch the sunset at the beach.
- over the next week, I will nap often, stay up for too late, sleep in as much as a 3 year old will let me, eat way too much food, ride the waves and laugh until I cry.
- I will twirl my niece and nephews, teach my daughter how to build sand castles and have bonding time with my sister.
- I will chase my husband, brother-in-law and nephews around with buckets of sea water in the inevitable girls against boys war.
- affectionately refer to my sister as a brat and find a stairway to chase her up, yelling "butt smacker" all the way up until we both collapse in laughter and exhaustion at the top.
- have girl time with my niece and daughter and let them paint my toenails (and entire foot) hot pink
- spoil my daughter by letting her have junk food, skip naps, sleep on Mommy and all the other things she doesn't get to do at home.
- sit on the balcony with my husband with NO TV, computer or playstation. Heck, we might even (gasp) talk to each other.
- I will eat so much seafood that I'll make myself sick on it.
- read fluff novels on the beach
- go to church and pray as a whole big family, and remembering how far we have come - from 2 sisters who never stepped foot in our church except for weddings and funerals, to moms and wives who find a church on vacation so we can worship together with our families.
I will NOT over the next 10 days -
- cut (it's day 11 today) - or at least I plan try my utmost not to do this. As I speak, the purple bag is not in the suitcase :)
- purposefully think of anything abuse related
- let my mother ruin my vacation
- let my job interfere with my relaxation
- worry over how much junk food I'm eating
- look at my sister and hate her for being prettier, tanner, skinnier, taller and more sane (well, I'll try not too!!)
- stress over medication - if I need it, I'll take it and not tell myself I'm crazy for using a pill to feel better.
Oh and I intend to spend a lot of time in my "safe" place - sunbathing on a raft with the sun over head and the gentle rocking of the waves beneath me, with one hand dangling into the water to keep me cool. Only this week, I actually will BE in my safe place for REAL - not just in my head.
Toot-a-loo everyone. See you in one week !!