Friday, July 13, 2007

My Plans for the Next Week - I'm outta here

A nice bright orange color font because I am going to the beach. And beach means orange sun, and lying in the sun makes me happy!! These are my plans for the next 10 days.

- tonight I'll be 4-wheeling on one of those gater style golf carts with my husband and daughter, laughing and screaming.
- tomorrow I will be driving down to the beach relishing that moment when I can roll down my window and catch my first whiff of the beach air.
- tomorrow evening I will watch the sunset at the beach.
- over the next week, I will nap often, stay up for too late, sleep in as much as a 3 year old will let me, eat way too much food, ride the waves and laugh until I cry.
- I will twirl my niece and nephews, teach my daughter how to build sand castles and have bonding time with my sister.
- I will chase my husband, brother-in-law and nephews around with buckets of sea water in the inevitable girls against boys war.
- affectionately refer to my sister as a brat and find a stairway to chase her up, yelling "butt smacker" all the way up until we both collapse in laughter and exhaustion at the top.
- have girl time with my niece and daughter and let them paint my toenails (and entire foot) hot pink
- spoil my daughter by letting her have junk food, skip naps, sleep on Mommy and all the other things she doesn't get to do at home.
- sit on the balcony with my husband with NO TV, computer or playstation. Heck, we might even (gasp) talk to each other.
- I will eat so much seafood that I'll make myself sick on it.
- read fluff novels on the beach
- go to church and pray as a whole big family, and remembering how far we have come - from 2 sisters who never stepped foot in our church except for weddings and funerals, to moms and wives who find a church on vacation so we can worship together with our families.

I will NOT over the next 10 days -
- cut (it's day 11 today) - or at least I plan try my utmost not to do this. As I speak, the purple bag is not in the suitcase :)
- purposefully think of anything abuse related
- let my mother ruin my vacation
- let my job interfere with my relaxation
- worry over how much junk food I'm eating
- look at my sister and hate her for being prettier, tanner, skinnier, taller and more sane (well, I'll try not too!!)
- stress over medication - if I need it, I'll take it and not tell myself I'm crazy for using a pill to feel better.

Oh and I intend to spend a lot of time in my "safe" place - sunbathing on a raft with the sun over head and the gentle rocking of the waves beneath me, with one hand dangling into the water to keep me cool. Only this week, I actually will BE in my safe place for REAL - not just in my head.

Toot-a-loo everyone. See you in one week !!

7 comments:

Beauty said...

Hey, I'm going to miss you Enola...

Here's hoping your vacation is all you're anticipating. Relax, relax, relax! I'm so glad you get this nice little breather. And a little envious, perhaps, that you have the Butt Smacker game with your sis, and all I have is Twirling. Why can't life be fair (sigh)?

(By the way, congrats on 11 days of no cutting. Good job.)

Lynn said...

It's going to be wonderful for you, Enola!

keepers said...

wishing you a superb vacation in every way!!! we are looking forward to hearing all about it when you return!

Enjoy!!!!

keepers

jewellybeano said...

yahhoooo!
I hope you have a blast and everything on your "checklist" gets done just the way you envisioned it.

jumpinginpuddles said...

ohhh cant we come :O

Cassandra said...

Enjoy your vacation
soak up some sun for me!!

hugs

Cassandra

p.s. Congrats on eleven days of not cutting.. that is awesome!!

Marj aka Thriver said...

Aaaahhh! I can feel and smell the ocean breezes right now. I hope you have a wonderful time!