Friday, August 17, 2007

OUCH - Those were my Toes....

I wrote this on my small online survivors board -

This devotional from my morning reading stepped on some toes ----1 Cor 6:19 - You should know that your body is a temple for the Holy Spirit who is in you. You have received the Holy Spirit from God. So you do not belong to yourselves. You will live forever in this body. It will be different, mind you...What is now faulty will be fixed. Your body will be different, but you won't have a different body...God has a high regard for your body. You should as well. Respect it...It is after all the temple of God...You wouldn't want anyone trashing your home. God doesn't want anyone trashing his.

My friend wrote this comment --- "Phew*** Guess it's a good thing I keep God out in the back yard instead of letting him into the house. Oh if he could see what a mess I've made of his place...... "

I think she meant it kind of tongue and cheek (maybe?) but it made me chuckle and hit me as well. I do the same thing. (Note - I remember reading one of those little small books (tracts I think they are called) a long time ago. It was about God coming into your house but not letting Him into every room. Eventually God is invited into every room except the "junk closet." I've tried to find that story/lesson online but haven't yet. If anyone has it handy, I'd love for you to send it to me.)

I have totally trashed God's house (my body). Oh boy have I? The SI scars and words permanently etched on my legs are a more recent example. The things I did years ago are another. I've made a royal mess of my body, my mind, my spirit. It's probably time for some spring cleaning. I just can't figure out where to start.


5 comments:

Beauty said...

I believe the tract you're thinking of is My Heart, Christ's Home. I've got a copy somewhere, it's always been a favorite of mine.

If you send me your snail mail address, I'll get it to you as soon as I come across it. Since most of my stuff is packed, I'm not sure when that will be!

Beauty said...

As for your "spring cleaning," always start with your heart...

Lynn said...

"I've made a royal mess of my body, my mind, my spirit."

YOU did all that? All by yourself? What did you do that messed up your mind and spirit? Must you blame yourself instead of those who caused it in order to let God into your junk closet? This is why I gave up religion. The concept of self-blame and chastisement (even when you're already on the ground and bleeding) just can't be washed out of it.

You know who is really getting the blame here, don't you? It's that little girl who searches for a lap. How can she ever have a corrective experience if she has no lap but the one of the adult/God who blames her? This is part of why she still feels bad and dirty. Why must the child be so chastised?

keepers said...

spring cleaning our body, we like that!

thanks!!

keepers

~Sister in Survival~ said...

Dear One,
This entry gives me hope for you.
I am still praying for you!
Your Sister in Survival,
Lyn