Friday, August 3, 2007

Update

I have a call into my doctor and am awaiting a return call. I did not take the prozac this morning. I went home last night still feeling odd. Opened up to my husband and we had a good talk. He was so supportive. Couldn't have asked for a better conversation. But he did tell me to "get off those meds now." He was worried and scared. I've been very short-tempered with him lately. More so than ever before. Just snappy and not like myself. But last night I yelled at my daughter and was less than gentle when I put her into her room for time out. My husband was concerned - and that made me scared. I don't want to be one of those people that hurts (even inadvertently) my child because of some medication side-effect. So I contacted my T and called the doc first thing this morning. I'm going to go back to the old med. The one that worked really well - just caused me to gain weight. Guess Hubby will just have to learn to love "more" of me.

So just a note to all - thank you for your concern. I'm taking steps to get into a better place. And a warning to all - if you feel weird, don't assume it is just part of being you. Go check it out.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm so glad you called the doctor, Enola. I hope you feel better soon.

Jewellybeano said...

I'm so relieved to hear that you called. I didn't want to scare you, but people have done some really terrible things while they were under the influence of that drug because they didn't recognize the "warning signs".
It obviously was not agreeing with you.

keepers said...

meds have different effects on different systems and beyond that we have to be sure the alter who needs the meds takes them. good advice!!

peace and blessings

keepers

~Sister in Survival~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Sister in Survival~ said...

Hi Dear One,

I have been concerned and praying.

I had a very negative reaction to Prozac and Lexapro both. After the fact, someone mentioned that they can make anxiety symptoms worse, and anxiety was my worst symptom at the time. They were prescribed by a family doc who didn't know what he was doing and managed to put me in a very bad place. I have endured and am med-free, not because I am particularly opposed to meds, but because they didn't work for me.

I am so sorry that I got distracted with my own issues and didn't keep up with what was going on. I have been working diligently to bring some closure to my own healing, and things are better. I feel the Lord is at work.

Take gentle care of yourself. You know how to find me...I will work through anything with you that I possibly can that would somehow make this better.

Your Sister in Survival,
Lyn
(todlyn)

~Sister in Survival~ said...

Hey,

By the way, I miss you! You were always the strong one, and I am praying that that strength will soon be restored unto you!

Love and Prayers,
Lyn
(todlyn)

Psa 6:2 Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.

Jer 17:14 Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.