Monday, November 19, 2007

I QUIT - I JUST QUIT

Sister just called and my brother's job just told him that his personal day for Friday was denied. He put in for it months ago. Despite the fact that he put in for it 3 months ago, seniority wise some people just requested off in the past week. He was the first to request off but 7th in seniority and only 6 are allowed off from work at one time.

They were not able to leave until Wednesday and were having to leave late Friday but it's impossible for them to drive 8 hours Wednesday and turn around and leave Thursday night.

I JUST QUIT - I TOTALLY QUIT. THIS IS TOTALLY UNFAIR.

8 comments:

keepers said...

we don't blame you a bit for needing to vent. we can see seniority but timing should be considered in our opinion also. Seems unfair to us also.

peace and blessings

keepers

Lynn said...

I'm sorry, Enola. What a disappointment for you and for your brother, too.

jumpinginpuddles said...

we are so sorry :(

lawyerchik said...

I'm sorry, too, Enola! That sucks.

(Have to tell you, though: when I saw the title of this post, I thought you'd actually quit - like your job, or something....)

Jewellybeano said...

That really is a slam in the face huh? I know because I worked Christmas day two years in a row.

Enola said...

Lawyerchik - I'd love to quit my job right now ! Custody cases around the holidays suck.

My sister and her family decided to come anyway. They'll get here mid-day Wed. If BIL can't find someone to work for him Friday, then they will drive back overnight Thursday. It makes for a tough time for them, but Sister and I can't fathom giving up this holiday together.

Beauty said...

Oh, how frustrating! I'm sorry you've got this to contend with, but it does look as if you'll get together with them after all, even if your time will be limited. Hope you guys have a great time together.

Kahless said...

Is it common to go on seniority in the States? At my place of work I do first come first served, with a few exceptions like special occaisions. But never seniority. That is old fashioned.

Oh, just worked out, its thanksgiving right??? I am sorry for you and your brother.