Thursday, January 31, 2008

BABY UPDATE

We had our ultrasound today to follow up after last week's miscarriage scare. The ultrasound came out great. We could SEE the heartbeat and hear it too. Heart rate is 120. Old Wives tales say this means boy (Daughter's was always 140 or above). The Chinese lunar calendar, which predicted correctly for our daughter, says boy for this one too. All fun and games of course.

Estimated due date is September 20th. I've lost 7 pounds since last week. Oops. The doctor switched my prenatals to ones I am to take at night. They have no iron, but have extra B6. That should help some with morning sickness. But I'm to keep an eye on things and if still losing and having problems, to call them and get a prescription for the nausea.

I switched down to 37.5 mg of effexor today (from 75 last week). Yesterday was tough, but I realized early evening that yesterday's morning sickness means that my effexor didn't stay down yesterday. So that probably contributed to yesterday's shakiness.

I am off restrictions on exercise and lifting. Just have to use common sense. Oh and will have to be able to get out of bed in the morning before 8 to exercise !!!

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. We are officially excited now!!!!

I did telephone my mother and tell her. I wasn't going too. But there is a part of me that still wants a normal mom. And tries to get that with her. It went okay. She was excited. Only asked one overly nosy question about birth control (none of your business mom - I'll spill that on my blog, but not to you!). And then was concerned about the medication - but of course, she doesn't know all the details about that. So I just brushed it off.

Not going to tell work or others for at least 2 more weeks. Actually I plan on holding off at work as long as I can! Although considering our bathrooms are "shared" - 3 stalls in the ladies' room - someone is bound to figure it out soon. You can only pull the "I'm not feeling good" or "must have been something I ate" excuse but so long.

7 comments:

The Prochaskas said...

How exciting, and what a relief!

Kahless said...

Phew!
And yes, exciting!

Tink said...

So happy for you! The chinese chart was right for me too!

austin said...

I was so scared to come over here and see. Good gracious sakes alive I'm so happy for you guys. Phew!!!! Major sigh of relief...
I swear I was calling a friend of mine that use to be a midwife. I asked her about it and she said that the vessel can heal itself and not harm the sack at all and that usually it works itself out. I was hoping,....so, so hoping. We were all so worried for you.
This is the best news I've gotten in awhile.

Now you can sit back and relax and watch the new season of Survivor with James on there again. You know it!!!!

Austin

Lynn said...

What a relief! Congratulations, Enola.

nadcesca said...

So happy to read the good news. You must be so happy and relief. take care!

cerebralmum said...

I can't think of the right words, Enola. Just that I'm happy and excited for you and that you're in my thoughts each day, even though I haven't had a lot of time to read lately.

Big hugs. Big congratulations. And bright hope.

xx