Saturday, January 26, 2008

I've Got the Shakes - day 3 of 75 mg

Shake, rattle and roll. My body temperature can't seem to stay stable. I am cold and then I am hot. I am not usually cold. Lately, I can not seem to get warm. Then later I am sweating. Last night I woke up with night sweats - second night in a row. I woke up drenched, so much so that I needed to change clothes and wash off. Then I crawled back into bed and shook because I could not get warm.

I have waves of dizziness, where I am unsteady on my feet and feel as if my brain is not keeping up. I find that putting my head back and not trying to stay upright helps a lot. I've been accused of zoning out. I brushed it off as tiredness and no one questioned anything.

I have bouts of shaking. Where my jaw trembles as if my teeth are chattering. I twitch and shake, appearing as if I'm being electrocuted. My husband says it looks painful, but it's not - just weird feeling. You know that Tickle Me Elmo doll? Yeah.....that's me :)

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh, Enola. It sounds very unpleasant. I'm sorry you are having a tough time. Hang in there. I hope it passes soon.

casey said...

Hi Enola

I dont know what to say...except your symptoms are tolling a huge bell in my ears. That electricity thing resounds for me...I had that a lot. Except...it felt like my brain was being zapped.

I am so sorry you arent feeling well. Are you sure you are well enough right now to go to work? You do have a high pressure career....and you and your babe are most important right now.

Much love

Laurie

Perfect said...

The thing about your brain not keeping up and also the electrocuted thing....those are both things I've read about coming off Effexor. And the days I've forgotten mine, I definitely have the brain-behind feelings. People have nicknamed it "brain shivers". Definitely looking forward to coming off it eventually but NOT the effects of it. :o( Hang in there, friend!!

Kahless said...

Hang in there Enola.

DM said...

Are you feeling any better today?

scarysherry said...

enola, i am going through this right now, too. effexor is a wicked drug and dr.s should not put anyone on it, new. if i'd knownhow it'd be getting off it, i never would've taken that first one. do you have someone with you who can help you day by day? i hope so. don't give up, you can do this. sherry

lawyerchik said...

What Lynn said - ouch. I hope you can at least get some rest.

theshys said...

Newbee here....going off effexor...was at 150 mg for about 5 years....took 37.5 off a week and have 2 more weeks...now, yes I am blonde but I feel so lost right now....brain is lagging, sweats, mad, everything you name it...found out today i have to have surgery on my hand in about a week....the last day os my meds no less...how ironic...gosh...can i make it through this

theshys said...

newbee here...started on effexor about 5 years ago...up to 375 a day...got a brilliant idea to go off it...doctor has me weening 37.5 a week....only have 2 weeks to go....worse day today...tummy pains, vomiting...spacey, and the headaches....oh the headaches...everyday...then just found out in 2 weeks have to have surgery on my hand and in a FULL lenght cast for up to 6 months...great timing...really scared...hubby so patient and kind with me..just feel empty and mad