Friday, January 25, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

My daughter is soon to be 4. She doesn't know how to keep information on the "hush hush" for surprises. So obviously, we've not told her about the pregnancy yet. However, we have had to tell her that she can not jump on Mommy's tummy and that Mommy can't pick her up right now. Also, she has learned that Mommy is a bit green in the mornings. When she comes into the bedroom, she shares my crackers and ginger ale, and asks about the trash can by the bed.

I did sleep last night. I went to bed at 6:30. Daughter couldn't figure out why Mommy would rather sleep than play. I fell apart at 8 pm when I still couldn't fall asleep. I can't remember the last time I've cried myself to sleep, but it worked. I slept pretty good. Husband said he peeked in about 10 pm and I was asleep and sprawled across the bed. He slept on the couch. No way was he waking me up to move over! (good man). This morning he brought me my crackers, soda and trash can and we snuggled a bit. Our daughter came in and wanted to know why we were snuggling. She thought snuggles were just for her!

This is our conversation later -
DD - Mommy, why are you in bed?
Me - I don't feel too good this morning.
DD - are you sick?
Me - sort of
DD - did you catch it from daddy?
Me - (smiling) sort of, yeah
DD - you shouldn't snuggle with daddy - that's how you get sick.
Me - yep, that's it.
DD - (running down hall to Daddy) - Daddy, you can't snuggle with Mommy any more cause you make her sick. You must have given Mommy germs.
Daddy - (laughing) yep, we snuggled real close and I gave Mommy "germs."
Me to Him - you just wait until she tells your mother that....

I feel a ton better after some sleep. Still feel like my brain is lagging about 20 seconds behind the rest of me. And my head must weigh 30 pounds. But otherwise doing okay. I was shaking pretty badly this morning but that has subsided now that I've taken my medication.

We leave tonight for the in-laws. We are having my daughter's birthday party there tomorrow with all her cousins. I'm praying for the ability to sleep there and not too much "Mr. Green" in the morning. We shall see....

7 comments:

Tina said...

Good luck not feeling green! Love how DD is understanding things so far....just too cute!

Hoping this is the miracle that helps your DH understand how things are for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh how funny, and sweet!

I hope you get through the time at your inlaws without feeling green.

I'm glad DH is being understanding of how awful you feel these days.

Beauty

lawyerchik said...

That is hilarious! :) Not that you're feeling sick, but your daughter's logic!! Hilarious and precious!! I also love it that she shares your ginger ale and crackers - what a precious little girl!

Hope you're feeling OK today.

keepers said...

Here's hoping your weekend at the in-laws goes well and you come home well rested.

peace and blessings

keepers

Kahless said...

i hadnt heard of the expression "Mr Green" before but I knew what you meant.

In the UK we would call you captain chunder!

Your daughter is sweet.

Sometimes Saintly Nick said...

Quite an insightful youngster!

Tink said...

I was wondering how you were feeling. Glad to know that DH is being so supportive of you.

DD is too cute. I wonder if that's how DS will act when/if we have another...