Sunday, February 3, 2008

I'm Quirky

I was tagged by Kahless on her post here. The rules: Post these rules on your blog and links where appropriate. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. Tag six random people and let them know they've been tagged

1. I'm ambidexterous. My mother and 1st grade teacher noticed I switched hands and tried to get me to just use my right hand. But I ended up holding the pencil with 3 fingers in my right hand. I eat left-handed, use a left-handed mouse and switch hands when I play sports. No backhand for me - I just put the tennis racket in the other hand! Same with golf and pool.

2. I get "tied up." If I turn clockwise in leaving a room, I will turn counter-clockwise when coming back in. When I turn one way, I have to turn back the other. It's like I have an invisible string that gets all wound up. I also have to do things in multiples of 4. 8 and 16 work well too. So if I'm tapping my finger, it's in sets of 4.

3. I like ketchup but not tomatoes. I like onion and mushroom flavoring, but not onions and mushrooms. My spaghetti sauce needs garlic flavoring, but I don't want to get a bite of a garlic piece. I like celery seasoning but not celery. I think it's a texture thing.

4. It bugs me when there are two light switches that operate the same light and it ends up that the switches are going opposite directions. Both switches on a light plate must be up or down.

5. I enjoy filling out questionaires. Any forms at doctors offices, etc. But then I get irritated when my info doesn't fit neatly in the blocks.

6. I have weird eyes. When I look to the right, one eye goes up and the other goes over. I also see at different heights, so I often tilt my head to the side to see evenly (or shut one eye when I'm reading). My eye doctor said I should never have lasik because I might end up seeing double.

So I tag 6 people -
1. DM - because he likes memes!
2. Perfect - because even someone named "perfect" must have quirky habits.
3. Tink - because she is a new blogger and you should check out her site.
4. Jewellybeano because she needs something to do besides scrapbook :) in this cold, cold weather.
5. Marj - because she is always tagging me!
6. Casey - she needs a distraction from school.

5 comments:

Kahless said...

Hi Enola, you share some quirks with my partner;
she counts in multiples of 3,6 and 9 so things like the volume on the tv have to be a multiple of this.
And having the light switch even in the hall drives me nuts!

Great meme!

Perfect said...

I'm cracking up at the light switch one. It drives me insane. I have 3 lights with double switches in my place and one of them is wired incorrectly so that one of the switches has to be in the "on" position for the light to be off. I try very hard not to use that light because it really irks me!!

Marj aka Thriver said...

Yeah, this light thing is funny. When there is more than one switch plate for a single light and I have to flick the switch DOWN to turn it on, it drives me nuts. Down is for OFF and UP is for on!

I'm gonna have to think about this one a little bit. Most of my quirky habits are pretty embarrassing. But, I'll come up with something.

Rising Rainbow said...

Geez, I missed that you had been tagged with this thing and I tagged you too........only if you look at my blog, you'll see that I added a little twist.

jumpinginpuddles said...

oh we like yours also we like learning about people like this ambidextrous we are sort of also but we think its becasue we are DID, we ahve also done ours on our blog :P