Sunday, February 3, 2008

Wanted.....

If I placed a "WANTED" ad today, here is what it would list -
  • A cure for morning sickness. Why do they call it "morning" sickness when it lasts all day?
  • A hand on a 10 foot pole, so I can reach across and smack Husband without getting up, when he thinks it is a good idea to talk about what food sounds good, in front of a wife (me) who has morning sickness.
  • A clone. A substitute mother who will get up, chase my smart-mouthed 4 year old down the hall, pick her up and put her in time out, so I don't have to get up off the couch.
  • An eraser - so that when I send an email to my Sister telling her that I announced the pregnancy to Mom and that Mom "didn't ask too many questions or annoy me too much" and then accidentally send it to Mom (ugh), I can erase that mistake. Luckily my mother is so passive aggressive she will never raise it with me -- instead she'll just whine to my sister about it.
  • Automatic filter - so that any commericals involving food or beer would be skipped over. Neither sounds appealing at all at the moment.
  • The winning lottery numbers - so that I don't have to go to work tomorrow.

8 comments:

DM said...

you said you wish you had an "eraser - so that when I send an email to my Sister telling her that I announced the pregnancy to Mom and that Mom "didn't ask too many questions or annoy me too much" and then accidentally send it to Mom (ugh), I can erase that mistake"

8 or 9 yrs ago, the pastor of the church we were then attending did something very similiar..he told me there was some ongoing confict in the ranks of the leadership of that denomination...he sends a note to a friend (ment for his eyes only)..but instead of that happening, the note went to ALL of the pastors in his address book, including his boss. I never heard any more about it, but I remember the look on his face when he told me about it.

Rising Rainbow said...

Those winning lottery numbers would be good. I've been looking for a source for those myself.

I'm sorry that you're having such early pregnancy symptoms.

Perfect said...

Oh my goodness...the email sent to your Mom!! Well, it could have been much much worse....I guess you can look on that bright side!

casey said...

I dont recall sending something by mistake Enola. However...I have sent emails when I have been angry or upset, and the minute they are gone, I wish I could get it back. I have been embarrassed and horrifed a few times I am afraid.

I wish your morning sickness would quit.

Anonymous said...

Sending an email to the wrong person sounds like something I'd do!

I was sick throughout my entire last pregnancy, and morning noon and night as well. So why it's called morning sickness I don't know. Seems cruel to call it that.

Beauty

keepers said...

We are sorry you are getting so many of the symptoms related to pregnancy and hope they settle down soon for you. We don't blame you a bit for having that list, all seems very in line to us!

peace and blessings

keepers

jumpinginpuddles said...

if you know the numbers can you share them we need a place to live LOL

lawyerchik said...

Those sound like good things, Enola! Let me know if you find them!! (OK, I could really just use the winning lottery numbers and the cloning thing, but still.....)

Hope you and your little one are feeling better!!