Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's a Poop Party !!!


Yesterday we went to the chiropractor. He adjusted me and Baby. I then laid on the spinal table for awhile. Ahh. It was fabulous. I felt so much better. Baby did not go through his fussy/colicky period last evening. We both are going to follow up weekly for a bit.
Baby did still have his gassy pain periods though. We had our pediatric GI appt early this morning. The doctor confirmed that Baby has a condition that I can't pronounce or spell but basically means he has a small sphincter. I'll spare you the details but the doctor opened it a bit. There was some stool and blood. Baby cried. I cried. I nearly passed out. The doctor assured us the blood was a great sign as it meant Baby didn't have this other, more serious, condition. We all survived. We came home. Baby slept most all the way.
I dropped Husband off at home so he could go into work. Then Baby and I went to the pharmacy to get his prescription (laxative). We are to do that twice a day and then go back in 2 weeks.
We napped together (nice) and then I woke up to Baby making a noise he's never made before. I just knew he had a messy diaper. I checked......and.....it was a POOP PARTY !!!!!!!!!!! I changed him. He went again. I changed him. He went again. We went through SIX diapers. I was laughing and crying and so happy. I've never been so happy to change diapers. Baby was not crying at all. He just laid there and smiled. He is now stretched out next to me, cooing, smiling and HAPPY !
Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts. May there be many more messy diapers in my future! I promise not to complain.

13 comments:

16 blessings'mom said...

Your post made me laugh, and cry....your poor sweet baby! I am so glad he's getting some relief....I wanted to reassure you that doctors can do so many things these days....I have a friend who is a pediatric surgeon, and she has actually made rectums for babies not born with any. And they go on to be normal, healthy babies....she has corrected babies born with their intestines on the outside of their bodies, ect....and they are okay. But I am sure in the interim, their poor mommies cry and suffer....

I am so glad he is a happy boy. And that his condition is treatable....

Keep resting up, and when work calls, tell them wrong number....ha, I know, sounds easy....

della

mssc54 said...

So glad you had such a "crappy day".

If you get the chance look under the "adoption" heading on my blog.

In May of '06 DSS placed a (then) two and four year old brother and sister with us.

The poor little four year old girl was so messed up psychologically that she was having a BM only every week to ten days!

My wife said that "it" was nearly the size of a soda can! Bless her heart.

Her phychiatrist told me that that was the only control she has in her life so....

We should have both of them adopted by Thanksgiving!

So glad your little boy is better. Babies are so wonderful.

Now just make sure the little guy doesn't get chaffed from all pooping. ;)

austin said...

I've been thinking about your little guy...I've never been happier to hear about poo...

Austin

dm said...

That is some of the best news on the blog circuit I've read tonight...yea...

Lynx217 said...

AAAAAAWWWWWWWW
I wish all crappy days could be good ones! LOL
I'm glad you two are doing better, especially the baby of course. You can always improve yourself, but that baby needs to be taken care of, and your persistence in doing so shows what a wonderful mother you are.
*hugs* for you and baby

prochaskas said...

Woo-hoo for poo!

Angel said...

Yay for poopy diapers, lol!

Lynntaketwo said...

Poor little guy. Sounds rough. However, pooping is essential and I'm glad he is feeling better.

Perfect said...

Yaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!! Did you ever think you'd be so excited about POOP?!?!?!?! LOL!

Tamara said...

Yippee Enola and Baby!!!! I am so glad the little guy is happier and feeling better.

Hugs,
Tamara

lawyerchik said...

Hoo-RAY for the poopin'! :) My mom used to give us bottles of water with Karo syrup in it, which she said accomplished the same thing, but it's always better to have the doctor tell you what's what and to give you the right stuff. :)

Kahless said...

A good poo is wonderful!

jumpinginpuddles said...

oh boy takes us back so much so we are wincing for your pain and babys and daughters and hubbys. Oh the bliss reminder we wont ever do that stage of our lives again ***sighs****