Wednesday, October 29, 2008

An Update

Spinal tap is clear, blood work is clear, urine culture is clear and all the other cultures are not growing. So we think it is just a virus.........."just"...a REALLY bad virus. His temp is back down. He even slept a 3 and then a 2 hour stretch. I got to sleep too. The night nurses left the door ajar and rather than wake us to do temps, etc., they listened for us to wake and did their work then. It was so nice. We have been blessed with wonderful nurses here in the hospital. I napped today too.

Our friend arrived today. Wonderful to see her. Great to have adult conversation for awhile too. And I even got to hand off the Baby and go to the bathroom! My husband is feeling better and he says our Daughter is doing better too.

So assuming all is still well tomorrow, we get to go home. The doctor said he'd try to come here early so we could get home early. I'm ready. Husband has gotten 2 nights (and another tonight) of all-night sleep. So hopefully he'll be good to help with diapers and give me a break too.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.

8 comments:

austin said...

Nursing staff can be so helpful in more than health wise ways and this is one example of it.

Good to know the baby is doing better.

Austin

Maia said...

I'm glad Baby is doing better. Hopefully you all will get to go home soon.

DM said...

Thanks for the updates...I well remember those days when my wife said exactly the same thing about just longing for some adult conversation...hope you get lots and everybody stays on the mend!

Beautiful Dreamer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kahless said...

Glad baby is getting better.

lawyerchik said...

I'm glad for the good news and the good prognosis! :) Hope all continues to go well for you and your family!

mssc54 said...

GREAT NEWS!!

So good to have understanding, human medical staff at times like these.

Glad to hear things have made a turn for the better.

Angel said...

Yay! I hope you were able to go home early. Having another adult around can definitely be a blessing.