Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day







Happy Thanksgiving Everyone !!

So the age old question persists? What are you thankful for?

I am thankful for - (in no particular order)

* wonderful blogger friends who read my babble and take time to make supportive comments. I'm especially thankful for 2 bloggers that I've met in person this past year. One couple I travelled to meet with my family and we had a great time. Another girl I met up with when visiting my sister. These people have read all about me in great detail and still wanted to meet me. Both were wonderful experiences I look forward to repeating soon.

* Family and friends. Especially my sister and her family who are going to visit for Thanksgiving. As well as friends that visit in the hospital, help out and check in when my child is in the hospital.

* Our new Baby. And my wonderful daughter who is a great big sister. Also a supportive Husband who is a great father.

* Having stuck through the hard times dealing with the abuse. While I'm sure the hard times are not over, I think the worst of it may be past. I'm thankful it is done. And as much as it sucked in the moment, I do think I'm better off for having dealt with it.

* Having a job. In these tough economic times, having any job at all is a blessing. I'm especially thankful for a job that I like.

* God. My relationship with Him has gone up and down and all around. But I think it's on the upswing. I'm also thankful to the book "The Shack" by William P. Young. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. It's for people who are looking for God in the midst of terrible suffering.

* Turkey - I love turkey and stuffing. I love pumpkin pie. I'm thankful for an excuse to eat it. And more thankful that I don't have to cook it!

Gobble Gobble

3 comments:

mssc54 said...

I am most thankful that in my life I have rarely gotten what I deserve and often gotten what I want.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Tamara (TC) said...

Enola,

I am also thankful for wonderful blogging friends. Thank you for the support you have given me.

The pee pee teepee's are hilarious. My SIL was changing my nephew's diaper right after bringing him home and I was standing up by his head. He got me right in the face! She was mortified and I couldn't stop laughing.

Hope you are enjoying a wonderful holiday.

Hugs,
Tamara

DM said...

I too met a couple bloggers this year for the first time, had the same experience as you..they've been reading my "stuff" and still wanted to meet me...so I know how you feel.

We didn't host the Thanksgiving meal this year..but I'd heard about a new way to fix a turkey so I cooked a 12 pounder just for the two of us on Wednesday
Morton makes something called "Quick tender"...you make a brine and soak the bird in it for 24 hours...I loved it...have you ever heard of it before?