Monday, November 10, 2008

General Update

  • I worked 1/2 day on Thursday and left Baby with Husband. They both survived and I enjoyed getting out of the house. Then because there was a bottle left over with a 24 hour shelf-life, Husband took over the first night feeding and I got 5 hours straight sleep.
  • On Friday, Husband came home from lunch telling me he had a rough day at work. He had finally reached his level of tolerance with a co-worker and "went after him." Husband did not hit him, but did get up in his face and yell and curse. I've never seen Husband in such a state, but he's told me about it happening in each of his last 3 jobs/positions. He takes and takes and takes and then finally loses it. Thankfully his boss was on his side and Husband is still employed.
  • I met a friend for coffee at Starbucks. Had to order decaf and soy milk. But it was still a treat. As well as a great opportunity to catch up and have some adult conversation. I relish adult conversation.
  • Friday evening Husband left to go hunting. He took our Daughter with him. My friend came up and we went scrapbooking with the girls - and Baby. Baby was pretty good and I finished my first online scrapbook. It's a story book for my Daughter. I'll give it to her for Christmas. It's the story of her life so far.
  • Saturday my Friend and I went to see Fireproof. It's a great movie if you've not seen it. Baby did pretty good. I just nursed him through the movie. We also grabbed some lunch and did a bit of shopping.
  • Saturday evening, Husband called to say he got a deer. Yeah! Venison to eat. If he gets one more we'll be all set for the year. We have it ground at a butcher shop. They mix a bit of low fat ground beef/turkey in with it. Venison is so low in fat that you have to add other meat to get it to stick together. It's so tender too. And healthy.
  • Because Husband shot the deer so late, I suggested he stay another night at his folks. I didn't want he and Daughter coming home so late. So Baby and I were on our own.
  • Baby did not sleep well Friday or Saturday night. I finally came out to the couch early Sunday morning and put him in the swing. I was asleep when Daughter and Husband came home.
  • Church was nice. I put Baby in the nursery during Sunday school for the first time ever. I checked on him once and then they beeped me (we have beepers) toward the end of class because he was hungry. I kept him with me during service.
  • I tried to nap. But Daughter had other ideas and kept coming in to bug me. Husband was telling her to leave me alone. She completely went overboard and had a major melt-down. Husband put her in her room on her bed. She fell asleep within 5 minutes. Too much spoiling by grandparents + too much sugar from grandparents + staying up late at grandparents = miserable sleepy child.
  • I took advantage of Daughter being asleep to nurse Baby and then leave. I went grocery shopping ALONE. Yeah! Husband did call me 1 hour and 10 minutes after I left saying that Baby was screaming and insisting he was hungry. No honey, he's not hungry - just tired. But I'll be home soon. Husband tends to panic when I'm gone and haven't left him a bottle. He doesn't understand how difficult it is to actually pump and produce a bottle. I was only gone 1 1/2 hours. I knew Baby was fine.
  • Last night was hellacious. Baby was up all night long. I slept less than 4 hours total and the longest stretch was 1 hour. That was this morning when Daughter woke up at 5:30 am. Husband read the clock wrong and thought it was 6:30 so he let her get up and go watch cartoons. I handed him the Baby that I had just nursed and told him to go let me sleep. So I slept an hour until he had to go to work.
  • Baby is sleeping now. Ever heard that old adage - "Sleep when baby sleeps"? That doesn't always work so well. I finally got out of bed at 8. I took advantage of Baby's resting to eat breakfast, wash up, brush teeth and put clothes on. I still don't know why I changed from pajamas to sweats and a T-shirt. I'm not planning on going anywhere. But now I'm awake and not feeling like a nap. So Baby is sleeping soundly on my chest and I'm sitting here typing.
  • There is nothing better than a sweet-smelling baby sleeping on your chest. I love the baby snorts and cooing sounds he makes. Well...I like them now, when I'm awake. At 2 am when I'm trying to sleep, it's not so adorable.
  • I've lost 25 pounds since delivering Baby. I have 15 more to go in order to get back down to pre-pregnancy weight. And 17 after that to get to my goal weight. Right now I'm still losing while eating what I want. I figure I have another week or two of that before my weight loss evens out. Then it will be back to weight watchers' nursing plan.
  • I really should go to the library and return my overdue books, go to the post office to get stamps to mail out thank-you cards and go to church to pick up a key to the gym so I can work out. But....I don't feel like it. I think I'll be lazy today.
  • Daughter has gymnastics tonight and I'm kind of glad. With being up so early she is likely to be miserable and I'd rather Husband have to deal with her. He has been taking her so we don't have Baby around too many other kids.
  • At 2 am I had several blog posts running through my mind. They were good too. But now I can't think of any of them.
  • I really need to go to the bathroom but I'm afraid to move and disturb Baby.

6 comments:

prochaskas said...

I enjoyed this post. Reminded me of the better parts of the early days with Amy.

Kahless said...

I enjoyed the post too. Nice to hear baby is still staying healthy.

Angel said...

It does sound like you are enjoying the new baby, despite the inevitable lack of sleep.

Congrats to your husband over the deer!

michael said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Ruth

http://www.infrared-sauna-spot.info

michael said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Ruth

http://www.infrared-sauna-spot.info

Rindy Walton said...

Loved the updates...
great you had some time to get out! venison--yum! and glad baby is healthy!