Monday, November 17, 2008

Rant, Raves and Updates

  • On Friday I went out and bought a whole lot of food that is dairy and gluten free. Baby had a great night Friday. He and I went to bed about 9. He woke about 2, then 5:30 and then 8:30. I also got a nap. Unfortunately Saturday night and last night were horrible. He was up screaming from 2 until 6 this morning.
  • Finding food that is both gluten and dairy free is really hard. Part of me wants this to work so I'll have an answer as to what is bothering him. Part of me doesn't want it to work because I don't want to have to be on this diet forever. Plus it is horribly expensive.
  • I'm going to eat what I want for Thanksgiving, within reason. I'll probably leave out the dairy but not the gluten and just hope for the best. I hope that doesn't make me a horrible mother.
  • Husband is convinced that it is meat and/or salads causing issues - on top of everything else. I figure that if I leave those out too, then the only thing I can eat is fruit.
  • On Saturday we went to a Church function. Daughter had a "party" with her friends. Husband and I had a nice steak dinner. Baby was passed around friends. It was very nice to socialize with adults.
  • Yesterday I got a great call from my Sister. Her husband was able to take off work for Thanksgiving. So they are coming here. YIPPEE! And my wonderful in-laws are having us all to their house for Thanksgiving day. My mother and father-in-law are wonderful. They had been really disappointed that my sister wasn't coming like last year. And they didn't bat an eye when plans changed and they are now expecting 5 extras.
  • My mother is off work on Thursdays but I haven't even considered having her come for Tgiv. My in-laws wouldn't mind. But part of me doesn't want her there. And really I know she wouldn't leave her Husband to come - even though she's not seen Sister/kids in over a year.
  • I had a panic attack on Saturday. My first in a long, long time that I couldn't readily get under control. I'm not sure what brought it on. Luckily it didn't last real long.
  • I yelled and screamed more than I wanted to this weekend. Mostly at Daughter whose back-talking and arguing is driving me bonkers. I hate screaming. I did get some good snuggle time with her though, and read her lots of books, all to try to appease the guilt.
  • Baby has been napping for two hours now. Once again, I should have stayed in bed and taken advantage of the time to sleep. But I was "good" and worked. Now I'll be tired all day.
  • Today I have to get my IUD in. Blech. Then tomorrow I get stitches out from having a mole removed. I was supposed to get a call about the analysis of the mole. The anxious part of me is convinced that because I've not heard anything, the doctor is waiting to tell me bad news in person tomorrow.
  • A financial planner/speaker at Church yesterday told us that if you earn over $25,000 you are in the top 10 percent of breadwinners in the world. If you earn over $50,000 you are in the top 1 percent. Wow! I'm richer than I thought.
  • My husband graciously agreed to give up some hunting time because my family is now coming in. I suggested he go this weekend instead. Somehow it ended up with him getting more hunting time. He is taking Daughter though. I feel guilty, but I'm actually looking forward to it being just Baby and me. It's easier not having to juggle sharing time with Daughter.
  • We cleaned up our playroom in the basement. Now we just need a little heater. I actually have a place to work on crafts now. Yeah.
  • Husband was nominated to be a Church deacon. He turned it down because of things being crazy with Baby. I was surprised, but pleased that he was able to say No. Then the pastor asked him to reconsider. Husband expressed concerns about the time commitment and the Pastor and Deacon Chair both agreed to work with him so that it wouldn't take so much time. So Husband agreed to the nomination. I'm aggravated at the Pastor for putting so much pressure on church members to do things.
  • The pastor asked me to handle a situation with a toddler that is hitting and acting aggressively in nursery. He wants me to address it with parents. I didn't sign up for this when I agreed to secure nursery volunteers. It is not my job and I'm not comfortable with it. I'm aggravated that he is putting this off on me.
  • I'm scared that my depression is getting worse and the panic attacks are resuming. I don't have the energy to deal with it or the time so I just keep pushing it aside. I've been thinking about cutting again. Not contemplating doing it or even really tempted - just thinking about it.
  • I lost another 5 pounds and fit into 3 pairs of regular (non-maternity) pants now. It is so nice to wear pants that button and zip, instead of elastic.

4 comments:

jumpinginpuddles said...

losing the post baby weight sure does feel great

prochaskas said...

Pastors! Ours right now is actually preaching a whole month's series on the ministry team idea he plans to develop -- all of us are going to be tested for spiritual gifts and ushered into a team, apparently willy-nilly. I'm almost ready to leave the church over it. Just that we really have so few options here.

Phooey. Good on your husband for at least saying no to begin with.

Hope baby's discomfort eases soon, and that it's NOT related to diet.

Ethereal Highway said...

I hope the pastor does marriage counseling. I don't know what it is with some churches who can't seem to stand the idea of a family being allowed to stop 'giving' when they are already bleeding themselves. And why can't the pastor take no for an answer? It's not his life to run, it's yours and your husband's. Perhaps your husband will come to understand that he can still say no, mean it, and make the pastor accept that for an answer. If your husband stands his ground, then it would seem that the pastor would have no choice in the matter. I wonder about the values of a pastor who thinks this is appropriate when there is a toddler and a newborn in the house.

lawyerchik said...

Hi, Enola - Good and not as good news mixed together - isn't that the way it goes?

Yay on getting to wear pants without elastic! I cannot imagine how you must be feeling with the diet changes, but that is a good thing to come of it, even if it sucks (no pun intended....).

Also, it sounds like you have really great in-laws. :)

There IS something encouraging about knowing you are in the richest 1-5% of the world population - it doesn't help when you don't have much (or any) money left at the end of the month, but at least it's good perspective.

Also, I wanted to pass along something my former secretary found out about cancer stuff - she had a double mastectomy and had to go back for check-ups, etc., and she learned that if the news is bad, they call you right away. If it's routine, etc., they don't. I hope that helps.

Hope you have a good day today!!