Thursday, November 13, 2008

Throwing Things Away

When my friend was here from out of town, we pulled out scrapbooks and photo albums. Daughter wanted to see her baby books. Husband and I wanted to check out our own baby photos to see who Baby looks like (me!). We showed our Friend some of the photos too and had a good time looking through things.

Husband brought up one photo album. It had pictures of some trips we had taken throughout the state. Friend had never been in our State so we were showing her some of the sights. We had hoped to take a drive to the mountains, but Baby's hospitalization cancelled that.

The photo album was from the two years before Husband and I were married. There were some pictures of visits home for the holidays. And there were pictures of Toilet. I know that he is depicted in some of my wedding photos. Which is why I've not yet scrapbooked them. I had forgotten that he was in some of the other pictures in my photo albums.

I just flipped past them. A few days later, Husband asked me if I had looked through the album and I said, "yes." He said, "but have you looked through it again?" I said, "No." He told me that he had thrown out the pictures of Toilet. I asked if he had cut Toilet out of the ones that had featured Mom and Toilet. Husband said, "no. You have enough pictures of her. I wanted him gone. I do not want our children seeing them and asking questions. And you don't need to see him." His tone was quite fierce.

I thought that was sweet. Husband is not usually proactive like that. A year ago, he would have suggested I do it. But would not have done it himself. It's nice to feel protected sometimes.

6 comments:

Sometimes Saintly Nick said...

I applaud Husband's action!

mssc54 said...

Sorry but....

I have a picture of the Alpha Dog urinating on the fire hydrant in front of HIS house. lol

prochaskas said...

Well done, husband!

Beautiful Dreamer said...

That was a sweet thing for him to do!

Perfect said...

Awww, good job, DH!

Maia said...

That's awesome.