Wednesday, December 10, 2008

10 Honest Things

April_Optimist at the Thriver's Toolbox gave me an award -



and with the award I'm to list 10 honest things about me.

1. I yell more than I'd like. Both at my daughter and my husband. I find myself unable to get their attention until I yell.

2. I'm waffling all over the place about my career. I go back to work in 1 week. Do I want to work there? Put forth more effort? Make a career switch? I hate making decisions that affect me in a major and personal way. I freeze up at such decisions.

3. I'm scared of things that jump. Particularly bugs. I will kill bugs if they don't crunch when I kill them. But I will not pick them up. I'm terrified they will come back to life. I also hate jumping bugs like grasshoppers and crickets.

4. I have a really hard time keeping people, facts, and faces straight. Often I won't really engage in conversation or ask questions of the other person because I'm afraid I'm asking the wrong person the wrong thing. Once I asked someone how their husband was doing, only to be reminded he was dead.

5. I can fight nasty. I have the ability to twist things and cut someone down with words. I resist doing it most of the time. But I think about it in my head a lot.

6. I would move back to New Hampshire in a heartbeat if (1) it wasn't so darn cold there, and (2) I could make a living without having to practice law and re-take the bar exam.

7. My house is typically neat but not always clean. I found a spiderweb in the corner the other day. I can't remember the last time the baseboards were dusted. And cleaning the windows? Nah.

8. I talk to people who aren't there. I know they are not there. But I get bored and lonely so I talk as if they are there. In the car, when I'm home alone, in my head, and especially when I'm trying to fall asleep. Often I plan really bad scenarios and how I would react. My daughter has caught me several times, asking, "Mama, who are you talking too?"

9. My husband's constant joking annoys the crap out of me. He can not be serious. When he jokes and I'm in a mad mood, it pisses me off even further.

10. I waffle between thinking I made too big a deal out of the abuse and its effects on me, and thinking I didn't make a big enough deal.

I pass the award on to -

DM on Heart to Heart
LawyerChik on Park Bench Musings
Beauty



8 comments:

April_optimist said...

What a great list! I'm so glad you posted it. Hugs on the frustrations.

DM said...

Ah-ha...you've given me my next post idea...I like this one. And I learned some new things about you too. It will be my next post..so be look'n

mssc54 said...

ROFL

My Mrs. tells me that I'm never serious too.

Hey, humor is good for you. You will prolly life an extra ten years just because your man likes to joke around.

You should thank him! :)

Angel said...

Kudos to you for your honesty.

I guess I thought you had already gone back to work because of the co-worker's surgery. How are baby's gastro issues doing?

Kim said...

Right on with the no-killing-of-crunchy-bugs. I can't kill crunchers either. Broom.....I sweep them out the door.

Kahless said...

Oops (no. 4)
I have done something like that before. Dont you just want the ground to swallow you up?

Anonymous said...

Greetings to Enola and all,
I apologize for intruding on the 10 Honest Things, but have never written in a blog. I just found this site today, looking for information as I discontinue Effexor. Could you please tell me how long it took for the dizziness to disappear? I just had to take about an 8th of a tablet because of this. Thank all of you who write.
Iana

Enola said...

Hey Lana - I was going off more than just effexor so my situation might be different. I had to go off pretty rapidly and not wean down slowly too because I was pregnant. I think I recall being pretty sick for 2 weeks. Feel free to email me at enolasemail@gmail.com and I'll be glad to answer more.