April_Optimist at the Thriver's Toolbox gave me an award -
and with the award I'm to list 10 honest things about me.
1. I yell more than I'd like. Both at my daughter and my husband. I find myself unable to get their attention until I yell.
2. I'm waffling all over the place about my career. I go back to work in 1 week. Do I want to work there? Put forth more effort? Make a career switch? I hate making decisions that affect me in a major and personal way. I freeze up at such decisions.
3. I'm scared of things that jump. Particularly bugs. I will kill bugs if they don't crunch when I kill them. But I will not pick them up. I'm terrified they will come back to life. I also hate jumping bugs like grasshoppers and crickets.
4. I have a really hard time keeping people, facts, and faces straight. Often I won't really engage in conversation or ask questions of the other person because I'm afraid I'm asking the wrong person the wrong thing. Once I asked someone how their husband was doing, only to be reminded he was dead.
5. I can fight nasty. I have the ability to twist things and cut someone down with words. I resist doing it most of the time. But I think about it in my head a lot.
6. I would move back to New Hampshire in a heartbeat if (1) it wasn't so darn cold there, and (2) I could make a living without having to practice law and re-take the bar exam.
7. My house is typically neat but not always clean. I found a spiderweb in the corner the other day. I can't remember the last time the baseboards were dusted. And cleaning the windows? Nah.
8. I talk to people who aren't there. I know they are not there. But I get bored and lonely so I talk as if they are there. In the car, when I'm home alone, in my head, and especially when I'm trying to fall asleep. Often I plan really bad scenarios and how I would react. My daughter has caught me several times, asking, "Mama, who are you talking too?"
9. My husband's constant joking annoys the crap out of me. He can not be serious. When he jokes and I'm in a mad mood, it pisses me off even further.
10. I waffle between thinking I made too big a deal out of the abuse and its effects on me, and thinking I didn't make a big enough deal.
I pass the award on to -
DM on Heart to Heart
LawyerChik on Park Bench Musings