Monday, December 8, 2008

Bunny, bay I bave bum bot bea?



Translated that means - Honey, may I have some hot tea?
Yep, I have a cold. I caught it from my sister who visited over Thanksgiving. I felt it coming on late last week and started taking Zicam right away. I thought I had it beat and stopped taking the zicam. This afternoon it came on. The stuffed nose hit hard today. With nursing, there aren't a lot of medications I can take.

I'm drinking a lot of hot tea and hot chocolate. Doing the nasal saline rinse. Also using the hot lavender bag that
Beauty (see her selection here) made me. The lavender smell is there I'm sure, but with my nose I can hardly smell it. However the heated bag is wonderful on my stuffed head(*). Most of all I'm doing lots of praying that Baby doesn't catch it. And that I am not too miserable when I head to work tomorrow.

(*) NOTE - Beauty did not ask me to write this. Actually she didn't know I was going to mention her bag at all. However, just like I will not hesitate to complain when something does not meet my expectations (see post here), I will not hestitate to brag or advertise a product that exceeds my expectations, and Beauty's does that.

3 comments:

prochaskas said...

I hope you feel better soon, and that baby and daughter don't catch it.

lawyerchik said...

Me, too. Also, wanted to give you my own little cold remedy/soothing thing that has no medicine in it.

Hot water and lemon juice with sweetener of choice. I know it sounds weird, but it's actually good. It's kind of like a hot lemonade, and the lemon really helps.... :)

My mom always says that viruses take about 10 days to 2 weeks to go away, and that the best things you can do are to get as much rest as you can (hard with a baby, I know) and to drink lots of fluids. Oh, and take vitamin C.

Hope you feel better soon, Enola!!

mssc54 said...

I understand that Zycam is pretty awesome for interupting the Rhino virus.