Kim said to consider yourself tagged if you wanted something "frivolous and fluffy." Sounds right up my alley. So I'll play. Likewise if you're up for some fun, tag yourself and play along.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? "Santa" uses special wrapping paper. Mommy and Daddy use wrapping paper and bags. Actually I like to use wrapping paper and then put it in a bag. Makes opening the presents last longer.
2. Real tree or fake: We had a real tree until the year of the drought. All the trees were so dry. Ours fell over, spilling water everywhere and causing a small flood. Now we worry about a real tree getting too dry by the fireplace.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the Saturday or Sunday after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? Varies depending on visitors and travel plans. As early as 2 days after Christmas - as late as New Years Day
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but given my lactose intolerance, it doesn't like me!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Cabbage Patch doll. My Nana stood in line to get each of her 4 (at that time) grandchildren one the year they were so popular.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My brother-in-law. He's autistic and doesn't really play with anything.
8. Christmas eve midnight mass/service or Christmas Day: Our church has a candlelight Christmas Eve service but we are always travelling to the family shindig. We went one year - the year I was pregnant with Daughter and couldn't travel.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Several. One wooden one my husband made by hand. One that is from a book called, "What God wants for Christmas." One small, miniature one on my desk.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Picture cards by mail, with letter enclosed to family I don't see.
11. Worst Christmas gift ever received? a wooden dollhouse. The gift itself was nice. My grandmother made furniture to go along with it. However, the house required assembly which took months for Dad to attempt. Then he was drinking and messed it up. It never did get finished.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Charlie Brown's Christmas
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Black Friday usually
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I respectfully assert my 5th amendment privilege against self-incrimination
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? my mother-in-law's fudge, my sister's chocolate chip cookies, my mother-in-law's vegetable pizza, the breakfast casseroles at the firm breakfast
16. Lights on the tree? Yes white (I converted from color to white when I married)
17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells, Christmas Canon
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel Christmas eve and New Years. Home on Day
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Absolutely. In fact, I sang them (after a few glasses of wine) at the firm Christmas party this year in order to earn extra "Santa bucks" with which to bid on things at the present auction.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star - we had an angel until last year.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas day? with husband's extended family on Eve, Christmas pajamas on Eve, rest on Day
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? my husband wanting to buy his own presents and not getting into the spirit of picking out the perfect gift for others.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We have a special ornament for each year. We also buy ornaments every vacation/trip.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey - because I love it and just having it at Thanksgiving is not enough.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? An answer to my prayers about what direction to take with my job, health and peace for my family, watching the joy on my daughter's face on Christmas morning, kissing the top of my Baby's head and remembering that this time last year I never ever would have guessed we'd have a new baby this year.