Saturday, January 31, 2009

Butterfly Kisses & Weekend Fun


Last night my Husband and Daughter attended the annual Father-Daughter dance. It's a fundraiser for a local church. Last year was the first year Daughter went and she loved it. This year she has been looking forward to it for months.
My mother-in-law purchased a beautiful dress for my daughter for Christmas. It was perfect for the dance. Green velvet top, with a rhinestone heart, and long taffeta skirt. I made sure to get home quickly so I could help curl her hair. My husband dressed in his dress slacks and sports coat. I took pictures.
I think this event is great. My husband and daughter get time alone. My daughter gets to see how men ought treat girls on dates. There is lots of food and a D.J. My husband said that Daughter was mostly interested in skipping around the room with her friends. However, they did get their pictures taken. I can't wait to see them.
Daughter came home, all excited to tell me about the dance. She said that she and Daddy danced to Butterfly kisses.
As for Baby and me, we went out with some of the other moms whose husbands and daughters were at the dance. We went to see a movie and hang out.
Today Husband is at his parents hunting. He called to tell me he had an "incident" on the way there. Turns out he was speeding and got pulled. He got a ticket - of course it is in another county and on a date after I quit being in private practice. Not sure I can do anything about it much, but I'll try. I can't help but chuckle as I'm the one accused of having a lead food - not him.
Daughter is playing on the floor and Baby is napping. Soon we're going to head out to the library. Daughter wants some books. Then we're off to Chik-fil-a for lunch and to the movies to see Hotel for Dogs. This will be the longest time I've had both kids by myself. I figure the library and movie will let us get out and about without being unmanageable. I'd really like to get outside but Brrrr it's too cold.
I'm also being nosey today. We have new neighbors. The house across the street is being rented - the owners were unable to sell it. The previous occupants moved out just after Christmas. They were great neighbors and I'll miss them. Now I'm being nosey and watching the new people move in. I thought I heard the voice of children. Maybe some playmates for my kids? That would be really nice.
My participation is being demanded now - time to play Polly Pockets!

5 comments:

lawyerchik said...

Sounds like a perfect day - enjoy!!

April_optimist said...

I smiled as I read this post and thought: How wonderful. I'm glad you had such a lovely day.

Kahless said...

You have so much energy!

beauty said...

How wonderful for your daughter to have the experience of spending such special time with her daddy!

Marj aka Thriver said...

Aaawww! I can just see you curling your daughter's hair. How sweet!