Friday, January 16, 2009

Interview Shoes

Today is my interview for the job posted about here. Still not sure exactly what I want to do, but I decided there was no harm in interviewing.

I had to buy a new suit because I'm still up 3 sizes from my normal size. I found a nice tan pinstriped suit at the consignment store. Then I went and bought Q sized pantyhose since none of my usuals fit. I ~thought~ I had shoes.

This morning I go to get dressed and it is FIFTEEN degrees here. It never gets that cold here. Ever. So I go to put on my bone colored heels and realize they are gone. I threw them out at the end of last season because they were worn. Oops. So the only appropriate colored shoes I have are the ones on the far right in this picture. Open toed sandals. Yeah...talk about frostbite.

So on my way to court this morning I ran to Target and lo and behold, they had these. On sale for $6.98. Aren't they cute?




(of course I didn't leave Target without buying $68 worth of other stuff. One thing was a leather folder to hold my resume and take to my interview. The rest was party supplies for my daughter's upcoming party)

So my interview is at 1 pm today. If you are so inclined, please say a little prayer and send good thoughts. Not so much that I do well (although that would be nice too), but that I'll have a clear idea of what to do if I am offered the position. I don't do so well with decisions like this. Lots of panic and triggering issues involved.


6 comments:

lawyerchik said...

I just read this and am praying for you as you are probably done with the interview and thinking about your options.

ALSO - cute shoes, and VERY good shopping!! :)

prochaskas said...

Lord, you promise to provide wisdom to those who ask. Please give Enola clarity of thought, to know your will (if you have a preference for one path or the other), to know her own will, too.

Ethereal Highway said...

Sometimes good shoes can give a person's spirit a little lift and help things (like interviews) go well.

Kahless said...

Hope the interview went well.

Marj aka Thriver said...

I hope the interview went well. Even if you ultimately decide you don't want that particular job, doing well in an interview is just a self-esteem booster!

You know, the dust in my closet is insane as well...especially on the shoes. What's up with that????

Angel said...

I hope you gain some clarity as a result of the interview.

Awesome find on the shoes!! Cute and inexpensive--no better find.