Monday, January 26, 2009

Update - Giving Notice


Okay it is done. I told the senior partner and he apparantly gave the other partners a heads up. I met with them this morning. They were supportive and understanding. My last day will be the 12th and I'll start the new place on the 18th. In between, I'm going to visit family.
So now I have a ton to do. Clean out office. Wrap up cases. Get "tail" malpractice insurance. Find out about COBRA. Mail letters to clients. Figure out what happens to the info on my PDA which is tied to my office mail center.
Oh and I have 7 trials/hearings to squeeze in too. Fun times.
I feel sick and anxious now that it is over. I was very calm during. I did just eat lunch. Maybe that will help settle things.
I just realized. This trip to my Sister's will be the first trip in forever where I'm not having to check in with an office, check email, call in to get voicemail. YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

mssc54 said...

Good for you Honey/Mommy!

You see all that worrying and anxiety did make things go easier. lol ;)

Kahless said...

Yeah!!!

I'm really rooting for you in your new job.

lawyerchik said...

Good for you, Enola! I'm so glad that you will get to take a breather between gigs!

dm said...

and I'm betting if you ever did want to come back,they'd hire you in a heartbeat.

Marj aka Thriver said...

Oh, I'm so glad that went better than expected, Enola.

Kahless said...

I have tagged you on a meme

Ethereal Highway said...

You are SO on your way to really good things. Awesome!