I blog-napped this meme from Kahless. Join in if you want.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? talked about my father on my blog, met up with two bloggers, gave birth to a baby boy.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make formal resolutions. I just try to end up better off than I was. I think I've accomplished that.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yep! Me!
4. Did anyone close to you die? No one real close.
5. What countries did you visit? None.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Better health. Calmness. Less anxiety.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory? My 1 year SI-free anniversary and the date I gave birth to my son.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? See #7
9. What was your biggest failure? work-related
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Pregnancy related illness. The illness of my son.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My new laptop!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? quitting SI
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? life in general; parenting struggles.
14. Where did most of your money go? new house, renovations, baby prep, and clothing my rapidly growing daughter.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? pregnancy
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2008? ch-ch-ch changes
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a. happier or sadder? happier
b. thinner or fatter? much heavier
c. richer or poorer? poorer in money, richer in spirit
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? down-time with my daughter
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? worry
20. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with? my sister
21. What was your favourite TV programme? Lost, Survivor, CSI, ER, and once we got extended cable I became addicted to HGTV and TLC.
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't hate people as a general rule.
23. What was the best book(s) you read? I read so many books that I can't pick just one. I have currently gotten sucked into the Twilight craze and am getting ready to start book 2.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? Itunes! Seriously I love being able to mix together different artists, genres and things.
25. What did you want and get? A new baby.
26. What did you want and not get? enough $$ to pay off school loans :)
27. What were your favourite films of this year? Fireproof
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I had just gotten out of the hospital from having my son so I was happy to sleep in my own bed. My husband bought me a beautiful ring with my son's birthstone in it.
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? maternity wear :)
30. What kept you sane? blogs and books
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? no idea
32. What political issue stirred you the most? The US election
33. Who did you miss? my sister
34. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. ?????