Saturday, February 28, 2009

Commercial Break

This blog will return to its regularly scheduled programming when the author has recovered from this bubonic plague. All the Lysol-ing, hand sanitizing, zycam-taking, vitamin C popping and orange juice drinking, has failed this time. I have something - a cold, the flu? Not sure. Of course my insurance ran out yesterday and I don't have insurance through the new job for a few more weeks. I ~could~ pay COBRA if it gets real bad. But at those prices, I'd have to be dying first.

Overdid it too. Went scrapbooking with friends last night - out late. Baby was up several times after that. Husband had gone in to comfort Daughter who fell out of bed. He fell asleep in her room and didn't hear Baby. We're both pretty tired. We had to be up early to go have family portraits done. Despite my sniffles, they came out pretty good.

Then we went to lunch. I had some great soup. Then I dropped Daughter and Husband off at the gun show, while Baby and I went to the cell phone store. I needed a new phone and our contracts were up. I have a Blackberry in pink!!! I love it. I also learned that being a government employee has perks - namely an awesome discount. I paid less than $100 for my phone, got 2 other phones (not blackberrys) for free, and got a better plan for less than I'm paying now. One phone is for Husband. The other we will leave at the house and it is now our home phone. The salesperson even ported the number for me. I get to dump the $30 a month landline fee. We hadn't done that up to now because if Husband and I were both out, we wanted to have a phone to leave here at the house, especially if Daughter was here.

The salesman was funny. He kept trying to give me another blackberry. I kept telling him that Husband didn't want anything with bells and whistles. He wanted the phone to make calls and receive calls. That's it. I do think he used the camera on it once while deerhunting. I program the numbers into his phone usually, but more often than not I see him dialing them out instead of using speed dial anyway. So after much back and forth, I talked the sales guy into two plain Jane phones, instead of the blackberry. Yeah.

I was in the midst of a wonderful and long nap, when Husband brought Baby in. Said he couldn't get Baby to quit crying. Baby had shots yesterday and is also constipated so he's a bit fussy. I got Baby to quiet right down and go back to sleep and we both napped another hour. Now I'm up again, drinking hot tea. Going back to bed as soon as I help with bath time for the kids.

6 comments:

Ethereal Highway said...

I don't blame you for not wanting to pay Cobra. What a rip! I hope you feel better soon. I think we're finally rid of the plague over here. It's about freakin' time, too.

Sometimes Saintly Nick said...

May healing be yours very soon!

Why do those cellphone sale people always try to sell us phones that are more than phones with gadgets we will never use much less understand?

austin said...

Yuck. I hope you guy feel better.
Somehow I've avoided a cold or the flu this season. I'm not sure how but I did. Everybody and their brother has gone through the regimen you wrote about (vitamin C, voodoo dances, etc) to keep from getting it. Yuck. I hope you feel better soon.

Austin

lawyerchik said...

Oh, Enola, I hope you feel better. I had the flu last week, and they gave me Claritin-D, a couple of things that were really expensive (and may or may not have taken a day and a half off the bug), and rest.

Congratulations on your pink Blackberry!! Whoo-hoo!!

Kahless said...

COBRA ??????

I dont know where you get your energy from!

dm said...

I want a blackberry :-)