Saturday, February 7, 2009

Don't Call the Psychiatrist Yet - I want to Kill Myself Too

A poem

Read this Here - it is profound. By Little Sheep. There are a lot more on her site too.

i want to kill myself.
but don't call the psychiatrist yet.
today, i want to kill the part of me that is stubborn, refusing the help i need.
instead, i want to replace it with a new stubbornness-refusing to give up on myself.
today, i want to kill the part of me that is hurting myself, using every method it can.
instead, i want to replace it with a nurturing part-to take care of me, and give me the love i deserve.
today, i want to kill the pessimist inside of me,instead, i want to replace it with the optomist i can be.
today, i want to kill the part of me that is pushing you away,instead, i want to replace it with the part that is begging for a hug.
today, i want to kill the part of me that won't,
instead, i want to replace it with a part that will.
today is almost over, but maybe...maybe tomorrow, i will.

i want to kill myself.
but don't call the psychiatrist yet.

5 comments:

cornnut32 said...

wow--that was great. exactly the words i want to say, that i would say if i could.

lawyerchik said...

Very well put. It reminded me of Paul's epistle to the Romans: the good that I would, I do not; and that which I would not, that I do.

little sheep said...

thanks enola, you seem to have a way of making my poetry seem a lot better than it is!

thanks cornnut and lawyerchik too.

austin said...

That is awesome. thanks for directing us to that poem. WOW! Very well said.

Austin

Marj aka Thriver said...

Yeah, that was a very moving post. I like the way you direct folks to these awesome posts. You're like a carnival every day! :)