Wednesday, February 18, 2009

First Day on the New Job



I had a great first day. They had a covered dish breakfast to welcome me. Then I spent a few hours with each program I'll be working with. They also fed me lunch and had me meet with the department heads. I had a tour of the building, a crash course in their computer system and met a ton of people. Thank goodness there are name badges - I'll never remember everyone. I'll probably be lost in the building too.

Tomorrow I attend court. There are 260 on the child support docket. Another attorney is actually doing the cases - I'm observing. Wanna bet she has me take over a few?!?!?!

I really think I'll enjoy the new job and the people. I'm looking forward to it.

6 comments:

prochaskas said...

What a fabulous welcome!

beauty said...

Sounds like a great start to a brand new job...

mssc54 said...

That's the difference in Corporate America and Government America.

Even with all of it's flaws Government America does a pretty good job of looking out for their employees.

I wish the Social Services attornees we have been dealing with for the last (almost) three years were as conciencious/professional as you seem to be!

Congrats again!

Kim said...

I'm so glad your first day went well! I've been thinking about you!!

lawyerchik said...

That's wonderful! I'm glad your first day was a good one! :)

Kahless said...

Fantastic!!!!

Yea!!!!!