Friday, February 20, 2009

Settling In

I'm getting settled in my new office and job. Husband is coming to take me to lunch today. Then he'll lug all my pictures, etc up the stairs to my new office. He could take the elevator, but he doesn't "do" elevators.

My new office is much smaller. Also the lounge area is way across the other side of the building. And very small for the number of employees. So I'm getting a microwave and fridge for my office. Not sure where I'll fit everything though.

I emailed tech support. I need my computer moved. Right now it is such that my back is to the door. I can't stand that. Besides, how can I blog at work if people can walk by and see me goofing off!

Husband is going to his folks tonight and staying to hunt tomorrow. I'm having some girls over to scrapbook. I'm not sure how my having the girls over for a few hours this evening equates (always) to him being gone all night and the next day -- but it does.

I need to grocery shop. No food in the house. But have to be careful. I don't get paid till mid-March so we're living off savings and Husband's check. His hours were cut so it's going to be a bit tight for awhile.

Time for lunch!!

7 comments:

lawyerchik said...

Glad you are getting settled in. I am with you, though. I can't stand to have my back to an open door. (Shivers!) It is just too weird.....

Kahless said...

It is really unlucky to sit with your back to a door.

mssc54 said...

Y'all still have hunting season?!

What's in season this time of year?

Joy said...

Check out my blog on budget saving tips and ways to use leftovers that aren't "leftovers!"

I can't have my back to the door either - ick.

Ethereal Highway said...

I think it is very sweet that you had luch with your husband and he helped you move things. It made me feel warm inside to read that.

{{{{{{Enola}}}}}}}

Colleen said...

Good luck on your new job!

Marj aka Thriver said...

I wouldn't be able to handle having my back to the door,k eitherl. Have fun setting up that new office!