Colleen was kind enough to bequeath me this award -
The rules for this award are -
1. Confess to 5 addictions.
2. Pass award to 5 deserving bloggers.
(you can check out Colleen's entry here)
My addictions are -
1. Scrapbooking - I love to be creative. Unfortunately art and crafty stuff isn't a great skill of mine (case in point - see the "sewing for dummies" book that is still over my head). Scrapbooking is great because you can "scraplift" (i.e. borrow - AKA steal) ideas from other people.
2. Coffee and chocolate - preferably together.
3. Reading - I love to read. I read anything. I can not just sit still and do nothing. If in a waiting room, eating a meal alone, etc, I will pick up something to read - a cereal box, bottles, anything. Right now I'm working through a Karen Kingsbury series and I love it.
4. BlackBerry - this feeds my email, blogging, facebook and internet addictions.
5. Stupid internet games - hatchling on facebook, pizza palace on webkinz, elf bowling on yahoo.
My tag is below .....
Cornnut bequeathed me an award too -
Here are the rules for this one -
The LOVE YA award:
“These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."
(You can check out Cornnut's entry here)
When doing my tag, I realized I would tag the same people. So if you are listed below, consider yourself tagged with both awards - because I love ya and you're fabulous! Some of these people won't "play along" and do the tags/awards/memes, but I wanted to direct my readers to these well-written blogs anyway, especially when the purpose of the one award is to those who are not self-aggrandizing.
1. Kim at Perfect - Kim and I are friends and I might be a bit biased in her favor, but I find her blog enlightening. She is a very talented writer with a knack for finding connections between thoughts, actions and past-events. So often I read her posts and think "hey me too. I never made that connection before."
2. DM at Heart to Heart - DM is the epitome of "non-self-aggrandizing." He's just a good 'ol country boy with a heart of gold. His blog is sometimes funny, sometimes sad, sometimes informative but always thought-provoking.
3. Tamara at Desire to Heal - Tamara started a new blog focus recently. Her most recent series is on Chakras - if your interested is piqued, check it out.
4. Erin at Erin Merryn - you might think that authors who need to publicize must be self-aggrandizing. Not so with Erin. Erin may publicize her own works, but it is for the purpose of drawing attention to a very important subject. So check out her blog and buy her books (and no she didn't ask or pay me to write this!)
5. Keepers Korner - KK is a non-profit ministry to help survivors of abuse, especially multiples. KK goes out of her way to help others. Check out her site for valuable information. You can also donate money to help the ministry.
6. JIP - JIP has been through a lot this past year. She is a true testament to overcoming adversity. Reading her blog is a lesson on perseverance. Not only has she overcome lots of personal issues, but she has done it all while being a wonderful mother to her large family.
7. Mike McBride - at Child Abuse Survivor - Mike is hosting the April Carnival against Child Abuse so be sure to check it out. Also check out his newly created Survivors site. If you are a survivor or support a survivor, you'll find great support here. Mike has worked hard on the survivors site and it is a great place to visit.
8. Marj at Survivors can Thrive - Marj's blog is always good. She is also the founder of the Carnival Against Child Abuse. I tagged Marj specifically because of this post. When you think of slave trade, you often think of the civil war era slave ships. Marj brings attention to the current slave war going on, and in particular sexual slavery.
This concludes my awards. I hope you'll check out these worthwhile blogs. Thank you to Cornnut and Colleen for my awards.
Love ya ! Mean it :)