Thursday, April 2, 2009

Home

Thanks for everyone's well wishes and prayers. I'm home. More details later but I'm good. The surgery went well. I am in some pain now and need to rest.

Visit with mom went well. Daught was NOT into hugs and kisses. She goes through phases and Mom acted a bit huffy about it. Mom enjoyed the Baby, but she is easily irritated with 5 year olds and their attitudes. Noticed that with my Sister's kids and now with mine.

My sisters kids differentiate their grandparents by calling them Grandma and Grandpop (dad's side) and then the "Grandma without the Grandpop" for my mom. Well Daughter caught on and asked me if Grandma had a husband. I said yes. She asked why we don't visit. I replied that he was a "bad guy." That was nice and simple and age appropriate. That was awhile ago.

So as my mom was leaving, Daughter says, "Have fun with your bad guy husband." Oops! She wasn't being mean or sarcastic. She just said it like anything else. I said, "Daughter, shh" Mom laughed kind of sarcastically and kept walking out the door to leave. Husband bit his tongue and then laughed hysterically after she was gone. I initially thought of running after Mom or emailing and explaining but then I thought I wasn't going to do that. It is what it is. I'm not hiding the truth from my kids.

Okay drugs are kicking in finally. Night

7 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my gosh, THAT is hilarious!! I would have bust up laughing too!!!

Ethereal Highway said...

Oops. Not. Serves her right.

I'm glad the surgery went well.

quacks like a duck said...

Out of the mouths of babes!!
That is just too funny!
Hooray for Daughter for telling it like it is.
-else

prochaskas said...

You are awesome.

Kahless said...

Sorry that I missed the last few posts. I am glad that you are ok.

I hope you are sleeping well and pain free.

Thanks for your comment on my blog.

I am ok. I am just suffering extremely from writers block. I have stared at my blog every night for the last few weeks and thought, I have absolutely nothing to say. Thats why I am quiet. I feel locked up like a big safe.

But I am well thank-you.


{{{{Enola}}}}

beauty said...

How funny--yes, out of the mouth of babes!

So glad to hear you're on the mend.

Marj aka Thriver said...

So glad you are safely home. Get some good rest.