Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wear Blue on Friday - Child Abuse Awareness Month



April is Child Abuse Prevention Month and this Friday is "Wear Blue to Work" day. So wear blue wherever you go and whatever you do - whether you are working as an executive, machinist, stay-at-home parent - wherever you go and whatever you are doing. (Thanks to Cornnut for this reminder.)

Wear Blue and wear a BIG BLUE RIBBON. So big that people can't help but notice and ask you about it. Look here to see how Missouri is doing it.

Check back here and on Mike's site too for the April edition of the Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse. I'll have a link up here (and now to work on my submission).




5 comments:

Sometimes Saintly Nick said...

Thanks for the "heads up!"

jumpinginpuddles said...

blue is a depression colour :( can i wear bright pink instead LOL

Kahless said...

I wear blue most days as it is my favourite colour lol!

JIP- why is blue a depression coulour?

mssc54 said...

Having experienced what I did growing up and now being in the final stages of adopting two abused/neglected children...

Honestly I just want to beat the crap out of anyone I see being mean to a child.

A couple of weeks ago when we received copies of our new kids medical records I was reading our little boy's record of the day he was born.

"Flailing his extrimities and rooting around in his crib." Just a few hours old and he was DETOXING!

I prolly should talk to my counselor about that. I must so pissed off about that! Heck she hadn't even been out of prison two years from being drunk and killing a pedesterian!

Blue on Friday it is!

Patricia Singleton said...

Enola, thanks for this information. I didn't know that May was Child Abuse Awareness Month. I don't listen to the news on TV so the internet is my only source of news for things like this.

When I have more time, I will come back and visit and read more of your articles. I am just beginning to visit the community of Child Abuse Survivors.