Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day weekend. On Friday I met some friends for lunch. Then it was over to do some shopping. Got some great deals. After that I attended the Mother's Day Tea at daycare with my kiddos. Munchkin gave me coupons for things like "Free Hug" and a decorated clay handprint. Bugaboo's class put together a DVD video of all the babies. It was adorable. Friday night was pretty low key.

Saturday was a rough night - Bugaboo had been up a lot. Hubby and Munchkin got up early and went to pick up donuts. Bugaboo and I chit-chatted and snuggled and played in bed. I was then served my favorite cream-filled chocolate donuts with coffee. The best was when Munchkin ate the chocolate frosting off the top of one donut and then gave it to me!

We all gathered to participate in a Walk to Fight MS. One of our church friends has MS. Many of our church friends came to walk. We had matching shirts that said "A's Angels" It was a 4 mile walk, pushing strollers, in the heat and very hilly. Good workout. Then I took Munchkin to a birthday party where there were horse rides. She loved it. Then we went to Olive Garden for dinner.

Saturday night was great. Hubby gave me a nice backrub. Then he took Bugaboo and settled in on the couch. I got to sleep in our bed, ALL night long. I can not remember the last time I've slept through the night. I was served breakfast in bed. Munchkin had bought me a butterfly prism for my office. Husband gave me a gift certificate to a spa. We attended church and then picked up sandwiches.

This afternoon Munchkin and Bugaboo played under the trees, in the shade of the backyard, while Husband and I prepared the garden. We picked up our vegetable plants and seeds and will put those in this week - tomatoes, carrots, green beans, squash, cucumbers and zucchini. Yum! I got a nice tan and a good workout.

My sister and I exchanged nice cards. We talked often. I placed the obligatory call to my mother during the 10 minute drive to church. The rest of the day was about spending time with family. It was great. Exactly what Mother's Day should be.

4 comments:

beauty said...

Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day--and to be able to sleep all night, what an added bonus!

mssc54 said...

Sounds like an absolute fantabulous weekend! So glad things went so well for you.

I wrote just a bit about our Mothers' Day on my blog. I also sent you a pic of my oldest daughter and the Mrs. Don't they look so happy?!!

Joy said...

Ahh, the gift of sleep! YEAH!!!!

Sound like a great weekend and time well spent with your kiddos!

jumpinginpuddles said...

yes it isw youre right we went away with our family and it was wonderful