Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Love Means.......

LOVE MEANS -

....not laughing (too hard) when your husband tells you he got his second speeding ticket since you've been married. It is really hard not to laugh considering everyone calls me a speed demon, and him a slow poke.
....not getting too mad when the first speeding ticket is 20 miles from the state line, meaning it's in a state I am not licensed to practice law in (meaning we paid $350 for attorney's fees).
....not getting too mad when the second ticket is in the one county in which out-of-county lawyers know better than to appear. Meaning we paid someone $75 to handle it (plus court costs and fines).

...calling your husband, who you know, goes 45 or 50 in the 35 mph zone on Main Street, to tell him there is a cop hidden there, so he can avoid his 3rd ticket.

Maybe next time he should try this vanity plate - although it didn't work too well for this guy

He could try this approach


Or just hope the cops are busy with other matters.

9 comments:

lawyerchik said...

Hilarious. I LOVE the photos!!

mssc54 said...

Wow you sure paid a lot of $$ for attorney's fees. How much was the ticket?

Last month I drove almost 3 hours to go to traffic court (91 in a 70). When the State Trooper pulled me over he said, "It took me two miles to catch up to you." I was very disappointed in my ability to spot him.

They knocked the $$ down more than half. I think I paid $81. I have a commercial insurance policy on my vehicles which means it's guaranteed renewal... unless I have accidents.

I do drive fast on interstates but never in residential areas!

Ethereal Highway said...

That first picture cracked me up.

Enola said...

Mssc - attnys fees here run from $75 - $350 for speeding tickets. Court costs are $144 - there is no negotiating those. Fines are $10 - 50 depending on speed. It was cheaper in the long run to pay someone else to handle it rather than take of work and drive 3 hours to do it.

mssc54 said...

Enola, that stinks! Here in SC if we are going to plead guilty we can just mail it in.

Fortunately when I had to go to court I had recently had ankle surgery and couldn't work anyway. So I just loaded a couple of my favorite CDs in the player and made a day of it. Not to mention that I kept up with everything (while driving) on my Blackberry! :)

Enola said...

Plead guilty? You've got to be kidding! Our insurance would shoot through the roof. Sure we could plead guilty and mail it in. But we paid an attny who got it reduced to a non-moving violation. No insurance points. No drivers license points. No insurance increase.

jumpinginpuddles said...

ok im really lost, why do you have to pay attorney fees, over here a fines a fine no matter what state and you pay it

Marj aka Thriver said...

LOL! Thanks for the laugh! I have to admit, I used to be able to get out of tickets when cops pulled me over. Not so anymore. I guess I'm just not the pretty young thing I once was. Too bad!

Colleen said...

I love your post!! And the pictures are great. Thanks.