Friday, June 26, 2009

Whac-A-Mole


Anyone ever played Whac-a-mole? Some people say that it is a good way to release tension and stress. Little mole pops up – BANG! You whac it with a mallet. Bang. Bang. Bang. (If you are interested in playing, check this site out.)

I wish I could see it as a stress releaser. I see it as trying to keep everything in my life from popping up at once. “Mommy, I need you,” and I have to be the mom who assists my daughter in wiping herself. “Honey, I need you,” and I have to go show my husband where something is located. “This is a call from ABC Collections,” and I have to explain why I haven’t paid the medical bills yet. Then I have to call the medical insurance company again and go through that mess. All while trying not to lose my sanity or disappear entirely into the Land of Numb.

I spend my day whacking away at one issue after another. Bang! I get one taken care of and another pops up. I keep waiting for the game to be over but it hasn’t ended yet.

6 comments:

lawyerchik said...

Only way I know of is to turn the game off for a day or so - but that's hard to do when it's people you really love. I hope you get a chance to rest!!

Kahless said...

I have played the game in a fair ground when I was younger.

I am sorry that you have so much on cos you deserve some resting time.

prochaskas said...

Lord provide for Enola's rest in the midst of the moles.

Rindy Walton said...

Great analogy. It's finding...or creating...those times to turn away from the game if for even a few minutes. The moles will keep popping, but we recharge to attack them all once again. Keep pressing forward...

bdreamer said...

It's hard wearing so many hats! I pray you will find peace in the midst of so much busyness.

austin said...

At first I thought the entry was about Justice O'Connor who on Dave Letterman admitted to shooting gophers but clearly it's not.

This is a good illustration of how we have our fingers in so many stressful pies that we become weary and see no end.

When emotionally drained I end up overwhelmed by even the smallest things (stuff that normally doesn't overwhelm me).

Austin