Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Anniversary to me - and an update




Like Beauty I can't figure out stupid bullets either so you'll have to make due with astericks. Every time I use bullets the spacing is all funky.

* last week was my husband's birthday and our 10 year anniversary. For my husband's birthday, Munchkin wanted to go to a Japanese steakhouse. So we did. That was fun and great food.


* Then this weekend, my in-laws came up. After lunch, Husband and I drove up to the mountains. This is a picture from the car window. Came out blurry but I like it anyway. It kind of looks dark with a hint of color that speaks to hope.


* We rented a "vacation rental by owner" - http://www.vrbo.com/ place. The location was nice. Here is the view out our back deck.



We walked around the downtown shopping area. It was a very upscale, boutique type town. We pretended to be rich and imagined how we would decorate our mountain cabin, main home and lake house. That night we went to a very fancy restaurant. I started off with a glass of wine. We then shared the appetizer sampler - venison, bison, rabbit/rattlesnake sausage and ostrich. We had very good salads and then chose ostrich as our entree since it was our favorite. For dessert we had this chocolate cake which was yummy and I had a godiva chocolate liquer mixed with vanilla vodka drink. One of the best parts was sleeping 8 hours straight. Our back porch had a rock wall (see picture) with a bench underneath. You could turn a switch and release the water which flowed over the rock outcropping, over your head and down into the pool beneath. So it was like sitting behind and underneath a waterfall.

* Munchkin and Bugaboo did great. It is the second time we've left Munchkin overnight (first time was with in-laws when she was 3) and first time ever leaving Bugaboo. They did good. I only cried once missing Bugaboo. He did not sleep for my MIL but she was okay with him being fussy. He definitely missed me because he wanted to nurse non-stop when I returned.


* We have an evaluation pending on Bugaboo. We should get our appointment set soon. He is behind developmentally with his large motor skills. He babbles fine and seems okay with smaller motor skills. But he isn't rolling over back to front, sitting up on his own, bearing weight on his legs, pulling up, standing on own or crawling. I think he may just be lazy. He doesn't have to get anywhere because his big sister gets everything for him. But I need to be sure.


* SI DETAILS - TRIGGER WARNING -


No more SI yet. Just the one incident. Well none of the actual cutting. Still some of the picking and stuff but I'm not worried about that right now. I did buy some bandages and straight razors - after debating myself. But when I did slip, I made my own tool by dissection a shaving razor. I don't want to use it again. Because I need shavers to be "safe" to use for obvious reasons (permanent hair removal not being a financial option!) So now I have my safety, fall back kit and there is some comfort in knowing it is available.


* Some of you emailed me or commented about going back to counseling. But I have some ~personal~ issues with that. Maybe I'll muster up enough to write about them later.
* We returned home to find Munchkin's sunflower bloomed. Whew. Didn't kill it. Got pictures of the bloom. Now I'm safe to complete the project.


















9 comments:

lawyerchik said...

Bullets aren't as important as the content, and you gots good content! :) Happy anniversary! Your vacation rental place looks really nice - nice and rustic and a good getaway. I have to ask, though: what did the rattlesnake taste like? (PLEASE don't say "just like chicken" unless, of course, that is what it tastes like!) :)

Have a good rest of the week!!

Paul from Mind Parts said...

Yes, the bullets can screw up the layout, especially with images. Congratulations. It sounds like you had a good experience. Be good to yourself about the SI. I can understand the safety, but hope that you can eventually find a way to even do away with that, even though I know that's scary to you now. Paul.

mssc54 said...

Smiles all around!

Ethereal Highway said...

I'm glad you were able to enjoy your get away!

April_optimist said...

Sounds like a lovely vacation. I'm glad you had such a nice time.

Colleen said...

Glad to hear about your vacation. Beautiful pictures! Like the light in the middle of the dark! Happy Anniversary! Today is my and hubby's 30th anniversary!

beauty said...

Sounds like a lovely getaway.

It's good to know I'm not the only one frustrated by those darn bullets!

Kahless said...

Happy anniversary

Lynx217 said...

Sorry I missed your anniversary, and glad to see you at least got away to somewhere very beautiful. I'm approaching a lot of milestones here myself in the next few months and honestly I'm not sure how to take them all. I do hope that you are able to draw on such a wonderful getaway when things look bleak for you - I wish I could get away to somewhere that beautiful! *hugs*