Friday, August 7, 2009

Carnival Against Child Abuse




I am pleased to host August's edition of the Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse.

Submissions are due to me by Tuesday August 18th and I will publish on Friday August 21st. (NOTE - I'm running behind so if you've not submitted, just get it to me by 5 pm USA time on Thursday)

To submit, click here, and follow the instructions (theme info below).

Q - What is a Blog Carnival?
A - it is a collection of blog articles. The host (which is me this month) collects links to articles written by different bloggers and lists them all here in one place.

Q - What's the point?
A - to gather a group of people interested in a specific subject; to encourage people to read other blogs; to connect those interested in a subject to blogs featuring articles of interest. This Carnival focuses on Child Abuse.

Q - Is there a theme?
A - Yes, BUT you are not limited to the theme (see more below). This month's theme is
Back to School. I've read a lot of blogs and stories from survivors that lead me to believe that many people are triggered by the "Back to School Season." It could be the schedule that changed when they were children, a parent's schedule that changed, or the influx of new people into their lives. I've also read accounts of teachers, educators and other school officials that stepped in and made a difference. Still other people suffered in school terribly. There are also parent survivors who are struggling with sending their own children to school. So however school-related, submit your stories here.

Q - What if I don't have a school-related post?
A - You can submit any post that relates to Child Abuse. On the submission page you will be asked to pick a category of - Advocacy & Awareness; Aftermath; Healing & Therapy; In the News; Poetry; or Survivor Stories. Pick one that fits best but do not be overly concerned. I'll reorganize so that it makes sense.

Q - I can't figure this submission stuff out. Can you help?
A - send me your submission directly - enolasemail@gmail.com I'll also try to answer questions.

Q - My blog is not about Child Abuse but I want to submit. Can I?
A - Yes, your blog does not need to be about Child Abuse - just your blog post.

Q - Can I submit an older blog post?
A - Of course.

Q - Can I submit more than 1 post?
A - Absolutely.

So please consider submitting. I would especially love to hear from bloggers that have never submitted anything. If you have questions, contact me.

The link to submit again is -
here.



10 comments:

Marj aka Thriver said...

You got this up so fast. You rock! I really like the Q&A format. I got the edition listed at BC, so you're all set.

Lisa Marie said...

You rock for hosting this! I know you are going to do a great job :)

jumpinginpuddles said...

oh man cheers fa teh heads up

jumpinginpuddles said...

http://lifespacings.blogspot.com/2009/03/sold-highly-triggering.html
and
http://lifespacings.blogspot.com/2008/04/bit-about-why-no-one-could-help-us.html

jumpinginpuddles said...

can ya get em in fa us cause we don ave a clue how ta do it cheers matie

Patricia Singleton said...

Enola, thanks for hosting this carnival. I just sent in my article for consideration.

Lily Strange said...

I'm wondering if it would be acceptable for the post to be about bullying. I was bullied all the way through my school years and could tell quite a few tales.

Lily Strange said...

I almost forgot, you can email me at lily@lilystrange.com or leave a comment on my (hidden) blog at http://psychosphere.blogspot.com
The blog is hidden because there was this troll that sexually harassed me for quite a while. He thought it was funny since I had been sexually assaulted to tell me stuff like "you're so sexy." Great stuff like that.

mountainmama said...

i submitted something. this felt super scary to me! but i really have been wanting to do it.

will you be letting me know if the post i submitted will be in the carnival or not?

it wasn't about school though. which if that means it wouldn't be appropriate to this carnival, perhaps it would be appropriate for another one?

thank you enola~

Sometimes Saintly Nick said...

I'll do my best to have something to you before Thursday.