Why you should Pity Me - AKA Why I Deserve a Pity Party
AKA Why I am Pitiful
You would think that since it has been two years since the last Pity Party day that I'd have some progress to report. Not much. I think that gives me the Pitiful excuse for a Survivor award right there. In summary,
- I'm really parentless now, or at least halfway, given that dad died. Oh but I've inherited some new siblings. Four adopted ones. One additional that Step-Monster may have given up for adoption. And another older one that may or may not exist. That's not counting the three step-siblings (Toilet's children) that have re-connected with me on facebook in the last week. I've not written about those yet, because frankly, all these people coming out of the woodwork is making me nuts. So I guess I'm up to 7, maybe 9 sort-of-siblings.
- I haven't lost any pets lately so that's good.
- I still have trouble with story-telling, but mostly because my memory is worse than swiss cheese. Let's face it, when your life is the tallest of tall tales, it's no wonder I have trouble discerning fact from fiction.
- The school loans are now in the 5 figures. Go me!! But my husband lost his job so they aren't getting paid any time soon. I was hoping that, against the odds, I'd inherit on some long lost insurance policy or dad would have forgotten to change his will, and I could pay them off with his death. But not so much.
- I'm down on the medication front. Only one pill now. My self-esteem is getting a bit better. My husband is still living with me, although more like roommates some days. I did have a SI free period of almost two years but relapsed in May and haven't gotten myself back together yet.
- Pity me because at present I am working on my daughter's kindergarten family tree project and I can't find enough branches.........to make it simple we're keeping it to immediate blood family. And the little line next to my mother's name for her spouse, is getting whited out.
- Pity me and my sister. We totaled it up and we're in the $40,000 mark for losses directly attributable to abuse. And that is just the major medical, therapy and hospitalizations. Not counting all the other consequential damages.
And because this wouldn't be a truly soul-searching post without a little self-disclosure......pity me because I'm being sued. Some &*)@%$ old client from my old job is pissed of because I don't have a magic want to wave and make someone do what they ought to do. I tried to explain to her that slavery went out a long time ago and I couldn't force anyone into anything. The &*)@%$ didn't like that answer so she sued me. The old work picked up the tab on the deductible so no real dollars out of my pocket. But I'm burning through sick/vacation time here to go to mediations, depositions and court dates. I despise being on this side of a lawsuit. The damage to my reputation and my self-esteem is great. And it's so super embarrassing that I've not talked about it with hardly anyone, or even written about it here.
AND THAT is Pity Party Day. Thanks for reading. If you've posted your own excerpt, be sure to post a comment with your blog address so people can travel the virtual highway to your post. In your post, link back here so we have an interstate of connectiveness.