Friday, October 2, 2009

Wanted - Exercise Companion


WANTED - Exercise Companion. Must be able to tilt head, smile, laugh and nod appropriately. Key skill is to keep companion from appearing as if they are talking to themselves (which they are) and keep confident anything observed.

I went walk/running last night. I have been meaning to start exercising again and the cooler weather is perfect to get outside and enjoy. The fact that I went shopping and had to go up a size (again) and am now exactly double my pre-pregnancy size had nothing to do with it. The fact that I was ticked off at Hubby and needed a (safe) way to work off my temper had nothing to do with it either. Put Bugaboo in a jogging stroller and away we went.

Bugaboo's jogging stroller faces away from me. Great way for him to look around and see things. But I can't see him. In some ways I wish he faced me - but I've not seen jogging strollers made that way. Really though it's less about him and more about me.

I saw the strange looks people gave me. Of course if I saw some woman walking/jogging along, mouth not always moving, but acting as if there is someone to the side of them, but seeing that there is no one, gesturing, laughing, smiling, frowning at the air -- well I'd be giving that person strange looks too.

My exercise time is my time to think. Typically I pretend to talk to someone. It's not so important who I talk too. It just helps me to visualize someone that I know is a good listener and gives good advice. I "talk" to them. I work out my problems and vent. If there is a serious discussion I need to have (i.e. with Husband), then I practice it so I can be sure it comes out how I want.

So if you are interested in walking along side me, let me know. I go at a creepy crawly slow pace so no real stamina required. And if you want to "pretend" to talk back to me, we'd be a perfect fit.

10 comments:

lawyerchik said...

Wish I lived closer - I would totally be your exercise buddy. One positive thing, though: at least if you look crazy, you're less likely to get mugged. :)

Keep up the good work!!

Paul from Mind Parts said...

Great for you!!! I need a companion like that too... maybe craigslist?

Kahless said...

I am impressed. I dont do excercise - it hurts too much!

16 blessings'mom said...

I wish we lived next door to you! When I go for a walk, I always try to get one of the kids to go with me. But they have to be big enough not to fall and skin their knee when we're a half a mile down the road, and young enough not to go too fast for me. So that rules out everyone. ha. It does feel good to go out and let off some steam with a nice walk, though.

Ethereal Highway said...

I need a companion like the one you describe to come shopping with me. I'll jog with you if you shop with me. Deal?

prochaskas said...

I'm with lawyerchik.

Colleen said...

Good for you. I do not exercise. No time. And too hot! and lots of other excuses!

Lynx217 said...

If I had a cell with an unlimited plan, I'd let ya call me and we could talk during your jog - I don't exercise as I get too much at work to gain weight as it is! Sometimes I wish I didn't have this skinny problem but I do so oh well - I admire you though for getting back moving and sticking with it. Who cares if anyone thinks you're crazy, let them think that. It makes it easier to tell the creeps apart - everyone else stays away!

April_optimist said...

Makes sense to me! I, too, find it useful to imagine talking to a wise friend when I'm trying to work things out. And I, too, find walking useful for that. Of course, in my case, I'm usually talking to my dog. Fortunately for me, I tend to take her at times when there aren't a lot of people around....

hiro said...

Nice to meet you.

I was going to paste the link without permission because I had very felt the interest for your blog.

Please link me with the blog if it is good.

URL:http://hiro-anniversary.blogspot.com/

E-mail:h-mori@ibs-office.com