Monday, November 30, 2009

PSA - Foaming Toothpaste

PSA - Public Service Announcement

We travelled to my sister's for Thanksgiving. It's nice going to her house because I don't think twice about using her towels, shampoo, hair dryer, etc. It sure cuts down on the packing.

So we get there about 10 am and after driving all night, I really want to wash my face and brush my teeth. I head up to the bathroom and somewhat, bleary eyed, start to brush.

Gag, yuck, blech

This toothpaste is foaming toothpaste.

As you begin to brush its invigorating Micro-Active Foam releases thousands of germ killing bubbles that shower your whole mouth- teeth, gums and breath.

Iso-active™ transforms into microfine foam during brushing, penetrating hard to reach areas to thoroughly clean the whole mouth and soothe the nerve.


Basically this stuff grows in your mouth. It is reminiscent of getting my mouth washed out with soap as a child.

I have issues with a strong gag-reflex as it is. Sometimes it makes teeth brushing difficult. This stuff is horrible though. Even a tiny little bit grows and grows and grows in your mouth. I kept spitting and couldn't get it rinsed fast enough. I really thought I was going to gag/choke on the stuff.

So a PSA for all of you survivors or anyone with a strong gag-reflex, do not try this product at home -- or anywhere else.

3 comments:

lawyerchik said...

Bleah. That just sounds disgusting. It reminds me of this episode of CSI:NY in which some guy was killed by another guy putting foaming insulation or glue or something in his mouth - BBRRRLLLLBBBBB! No thank you!

Grace said...

Yikes! Thanks for the head's up! I also sensitive gag reflex...and I use sensodyne toothpaste so I'd probably think it was new "flavor" to try...now I'll definately avoid.
~ Grace

Marj aka Thriver said...

I'm glad you warned me. My son saw a commercial for this and wanted to get it.