Monday, December 21, 2009

Beautiful Christian Sister

I saw this recently and had to share. I love the message.

BEAUTIFUL CHRISTIAN SISTER

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'
When I say.... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living;'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say.... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
my flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou;
I'm just a simple sinner who received God's good grace, somehow!

Pretty is as pretty does... But beautiful is just plain beautiful!

6 comments:

16 blessings'mom said...

That is lovely, and so true too. God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.(James 4 v.6) I think that verse best describes the true Christian.

It made me happy to read about your special snowy days, too, Enola. I am wishing you a peaceful and happy Christmas!!

lawyerchik said...

That is a beautiful poem - thanks for sharing it, Enola!

beautifuldreamer said...

I first came across this poem about a year ago, and really liked it.

Thanks for posting it, I kept forgetting to!

Tracie said...

Thanks for sharing this....what a beautiful poem!

Rising Rainbow said...

I wish I knew more Christians who lived this philosophy. Thanks for posting it.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas, Enola, you deserve it!

Mike Golch said...

great posting.I have an award for you on my site.