Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day all !

This weekend has been good. We got some more snow Friday night. My husband and daughter went to the annual Father-Daughter dance. This was their third time in attendance. Munchkin loves getting all dressed up and dancing with her Daddy. Bugaboo started running a fever that day so he and I just laid around on the couch and watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics.

Saturday morning I woke up to see snow everywhere. So much for the forecasters' predictions of "just a dusting." Munchkin and I went out sledding where I took this picture. It was a fun time but wicked cold.

Husband took Daughter over to a friend's house where they watched ---- you guessed it - more racing. Later that night the sitter came over.

I have to give credit where it is due. Husband did good for Valentine's Day. He took me to a very nice restaurant where we dined upon shrimp bisque, salad, duck (him), crab stuffed lobster (me), the best rolls and peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake. He also gave me a gift certificate to a spa to get a massage and pedicure. I was very surprised.

Munchkin and Daddy ran to the store for donuts which we had for breakfast this morning. We opened Valentine's cards. Then Husband and Munchkin went to church, while Bugaboo and I stayed home. After lunch Husband left for his friend's to watch the Daytona 500 race while I took Munchkin to a birthday party. I really wanted a nap, but that wasn't happening.

Tomorrow starts another week. Many have a 3-day weekend due to President's Day but around here we're making up a snow day. Fingers crossed we will all be healthy and can go to school/work.

1 comment:

beautifuldreamer said...

I'm glad your hubby gave you such a thoughtful surprise for the holiday!

That's a lovely photo, so hauntingly beautiful.