Sunday, March 28, 2010

Having Fun - an Update

I've written about so much serious stuff lately that I find myself wanting to take a break and write about something a bit more light-hearted. It's an update of sorts --

I am loving the spring weather. The cherry trees are in bloom. The trees all have buds on them. I can sit outside and bask in the sun without a jacket. The kids can wear themselves out playing.

Bugaboo had his eighteen month assessment and it was determined he needed physical therapy to assist him in learning to walk. His center of balance seems to be off and he is not "stacking" his weight properly which has to do with the way he distributes his weight forward and more to one side. He gets PT once a week and then we work with him at home. For someone that can't walk, he sure gets around. He can also climb anything. I regularly find him sitting on top of a couch, chair or counter that I swore he could never master.

We went to an Easter egg hunt today. Bugaboo was content to put the "balls" (as he called them) in and out of the basket. Munchkin raced up the hill to get all the eggs she could. The other parents were crazy - tucking their kids up under their arms like footballs and tacking anyone who got in their way. All over some plastic eggs with candy inside. I was pleased that Munchkin acted politely. And experienced a bit of "ha ha" attitude when I found out she won a grand prize. Kindness gets you far sometimes......technology does not. My camera and computer had a fight and destroyed all my pictures.

Last weekend I went away on my long scrapbook weekend that I had won. Ten friends and I travelled to a scrapbook cabin and store. We worked on our books all day Friday, shopped at some outlets Saturday, and then scrapped some more. We ate great food, drank some good drinks, laughed more than I thought possible and had an awesome time.

I have discovered Pandora - where you can put in a song that you like and it will play similar style music. You then give each selection a thumbs up or thumbs down to help the site continue to pick good selections. I'm enjoying music I would never have discovered on my own.

Husband is still unemployed. However, his attitude and effort has done a 180. He has been working really hard in his counseling sessions. I can tell a real difference. Things aren't perfect, but they are better.

We leave Thursday late for my sister's house. I am excited to celebrate Easter with family. We will go to an egg hunt and kids' event one day. We will celebrate my nephew's birthday while there. Then we are going to a church event which is a traditional Passover meal. And church on Sunday. I bought matching Easter outfits for the kids - forgetting Sister's church is uber-casual. Oh well, they will look cute for Bugaboo's 18 month pictures which I need to have done.

I am ready for spring. Bring on the flowers, warm weather and sunshine. I plan to wean off my depression meds when the sun starts making a regular appearance. I'm hoping it will help in the losing weight effort, although I am down 13 pounds so far.

And ....that's all folks....

7 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

I'm glad that you're getting to have some fun.

I remember those days of Easter egg hunts with shoving parents. Made me crazy. You wonder what those kids learn having parents like that. Nothing good, that's for sure.

Glad to here that being polite paid off. It's about time.

Ethereal Highway said...

Wow. I've never been to an egg hunt that had wild parents. That sounds terrible. The rest sounds good, though. I laughed when I read about your baby climbing all around (even the counter). I remember those days. And 13 pounds?!! That's awesome!

lawyerchik said...

I'm glad you have spring! We're finally - FINALLY! - supposed to get warmer weather this week, except we're going all the way to the upper 70s (maybe low 80s). Chalk that up to Midwest overachievement!! :) I'm just thankful that the robins are finally back - that's the true start of spring for me!

lawyerchik said...

Also - forgot to say "CONGRATULATIONS!" on the 13-pound weight loss!! Go, Enola!! Good for you!

Missing In Sight said...

Thanks for the update. You're right about always writing the heavy stuff. I do that. It's good to keep it light-hearted every now and then. I love the Spring too. I hope your visit to your sister's is fun and relaxing. Please keep updating us if possible.

Cassandra said...

Congrats on the wt loss!! thats awesome!! Having fun is something that I seem to lose sight of at times.. ty for bringing me back to 'fun'.. or 'lighter' things.. :) I cannot wait for spring myself!! its supposed to be warm this weekend.. finally! Enjoy your trip!!

hugs
Cassie

The Creative Hare said...

Hello! I found you by way of Mike Golch Central. Congratulations on the weight, blessings to you and your family this Easter weekend. I love the promise that Spring brings each year. The world awakens at Spring and quietly goes to sleep in the fall. Something we can count on each year. Best to you and yours. Hugs. Tammy