Friday, April 23, 2010

April Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse - Along the Path of Healing

Welcome to the April 23, 2010 edition of the Carnival Against Child Abuse.


Along the Path of Healing - The theme for this edition is "Along the Path of Healing." I wrote, that I had noticed through my progress in recovery from child abuse, I've tended to align myself with others that are similarly situated along the path of the healing process. This is not a bad thing, but sometimes it helps to read posts from others that are at different stages than you. Whether it reminds you how far you've come or gives you hope to continue plugging along, reading about others' healing journeys can be inspirational. I asked people to write about their healing process - whether they are at the beginning, middle or looking back along a long path. What lessons have you learned?

I found that so many entries could be placed in two or even more categories. The absolute hardest thing about hosting the carnival is determining categories. So I hope that I've made a good selection. As this month's host I am using my editorial power to merge some of the categories together, lest I put someone's entry in the "wrong" place.

We had a lot of wonderful entries this month, both relating to April's theme and the other categories. So, in no particular order, please welcome ------

Along the Path of Healing (theme entries)

Tracie presents -Who Votes for Skipping April? posted at From Tracie. This post explores her journey in recovery and also contains a power piece of art.

Rising Rainbow presents My Clouds, My Storms and Multiple Personality Disorder: Thoughts on "No Choice" posted at My Clouds, My Storms and Multiple Personality Disorder, saying, "One of the most powerful lessons for me in my healing process was learning how to claim my personal power. It had never occured to me that could be something as simple as seeing the choices I had."

A Glass Half Shattered presents Paxil Was My Gateway Drug posted at A Glass Half Shattered: Recovering From Borderline Personality Disorder. This powerful piece talks about her own healing process and where it all began.


Patricia Singleton presents A Dysfunctional Childhood posted at Spiritual Journey of a Lightworker, saying, "Today I can take responsibility for my behavior and my thoughts. I don't take responsibility for the abuse. It is not mine. Today I have boundaries. I didn't know this as a child."

My own entry is here as I present Would I Still Do It? at Enola. Would I still start on the healing process knowing now what it would take? Check out the entry for the answer.



Advocacy and Awareness

Mssc writes Keep the Children, Send the Parents Back, posted at mssc54, in which he discusses his emotional response to a news story. As an adoptive parent himself, he is certainly well-placed to discuss this tragic event.

Healing & Therapy

Colleen presents This Healing Stuff posted at Surviving by Grace, answering a question I posed about, "What does 'Healed' look like to you?"

Shhh presents a year ago posted at My Shush Blog, saying, "I recently found myself in a bad place, and once I decided to work through things instead of giving up on life, this is one of the posts I dedicated to myself. It's easy to lose the forest for the trees when you're in the midst of healing, and charting out my progress was a powerful tool for leading myself back into the big picture."

Dan Hays presents A Conversation With Dad « Thoughts Along The Road to Healing posted at Thoughts Along The Road to Healing, saying, "It took a long time after my Dad's death before I could write this piece. I had to work through a lot of issues that surfaced only after he died. But this was my way of making peace with him, and was a huge part of my healing journey!"

cerebralmum presents Along the Path of Healing Pt.1 : The End posted at The Cerebral Mum, talking about her journey of healing.

Ethereal Highway writes about a Case Study posted at her blog entitled Ethereal Highway. She talks about the "alphabet soup" that psychologists love.

Marj aka Thriver presents Trauma Processing, Therapy & Counseling posted at Survivors Can Thrive!, saying, "I'm submitting this post for the "Along The Path of Healing" edition because I realize, as I heal and become a whole person, I want my therapy to address all areas of my life."



In the News

cs presents Reporting on the Need to Reform Child Abuse Laws posted at Cold SnapDragon.

Poetry

Rick Belden presents poetry, dreams, and the body » Blog Archive » face my ghosts posted at poetry, dreams, and the body, saying, "I wrote this poem in response to a question (not so much a question as a demand in many cases) that I suspect many of us have heard at various points throughout our healing journey: "Why can’t you just get over it?""

Rising Rainbow presents Defective Child posted at My Clouds, My Storms and Multiple Personality Disorder, saying, "Never under estimate the power of secrets over the healing process. This child held only one secret. Yet it controlled my entire system. The liberation of that child from her secret liberated my entire system from the guilt that kept us trapped."

Cassie writes at Overcoming and Conquering a poem called "Freed" - check it out on her 4-18-10 entry.

Check out this powerful poem called, "The Box" at Sharing Private Moments through Poetry.

JIP submits "But I wanted to be dead" at Life Spacings which is a commentary to a powerful series of poems written by Naomi.

Aftermath

Blooming Lotus presents Successful Trip to Hometown posted at Blooming Lotus. She discusses her feelings as she made the difficult trip back to her hometown.

A Glass Half Shattered presents Today's Transformation posted at A Glass Half Shattered: Recovering From Borderline Personality Disorder. This post talks about the first (dance) step to discovering who she really is.

Survivor Stories

Patricia Singleton presents A New Chapter In Incest Recovery posted at Spiritual Journey of a Lightworker, saying, "A recent dream lead me to the next step in my recovery from incest."

Ethereal Highway wrote Shame Manifesto which is a very powerful entry at the blog by her own name.

8 comments:

Marj aka Thriver said...

Looks FABULOUS, Enola! Great job. I'll get it listed over at BC dot com and start reading!

Paul from Mind Parts said...

Great! Somehow I missed the announcement so I didn't get a submission in. But, that was probably my fault, and so I probably could have written the "skipping April" post myself!

Patricia Singleton said...

Enola, thanks for hosting this month. I am like you. Knowing what category to put my blog article in is sometimes difficult and I don't know if I always put them in the right place. I look forward to reading all of this month's articles.

From Tracie said...

Thank you for hosting Enola....these are great posts this month!

A Glass Half Shattered said...

What a great carnival! I am so honored to be a part of it. It's good to meet new bloggers that have gone through some of the same stuff. Thanks so much!

Colleen said...

Enola, great job! Thanks so much!

Dinah Bee Menil said...

Nice site, very informative. I like to read this.,it is very helpful in my part for my criminal law studies.

mile191 said...

very nice carnival. thanks for the direction,...healing is such a process. hugs.

stacie