Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Coping - how I survived


I have written about how I survived the abuse. Or at least I've tried to write about it and describe it. The hide-n-seek games I played within myself. It is hard to put a lack of feeling into words.

I stumbled across a blog last evening. The first post I read is called "Numb" and it is on the blog called The Difficult Things.

Have you ever read something and instantly felt a connection? Wanted to stand up and shout "YES!" Found yourself nodding in agreement and crying? That is how I felt when I read this post. It put into words so well what I tried for so long to explain. Read it. You just might relate. I hope you won't - because I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But if you can relate, then I think you will see just well it is explained.

3 comments:

misssrobin said...

Thank you for your kind compliment. Sometimes it's very tough to write about those things from my past. It's moments like this that make it worth it. Knowing it gives validation to someone else and their experience. Or that it helps someone understand. That's why I write The Difficult Things.

Thank you for talking. For sharing your story. It's so very important that we do.

Cassandra said...

thank you for sharing.. I have totally been there. and havent always had the words for it either..

*hugs*
Cassie

Vesta Duvall said...

The journey to recovery is hard, and it's probably for a lifetime, but the inner peace and strength that you deserve will be worth it. Don't ever feel sorry for what you feel in your journey. Have strength and feel better.

The Zalkin Law Firm, P.C.