Monday, July 26, 2010

Welcome Back to Me!

Welcome back to me. Hopefully this isn't a limited appearance and I'll actually stick around and write some. No promises though. Things are a bit crazy in my life.

I chose a new background and layout. I like the picture of the dandelion because I often feel tossed about by the wind. I don't like the narrow columns and would prefer they were a bit wider but can't figure out how to change that.

There have been a lot of changes in my life recently. Husband took yet another new job. He had taken one but it was second shift, seven days a week and we never saw him. However, since his unemployment ran out and we weren't sure if there would be an extension, he had to take something. Luckily, within a month he found this present job. It is still second shift but only Monday to Friday. The pay is average - less than what he was earning before but a tiny bit more than he was getting on unemployment. However, the benefits are awesome, especially their health insurance.

It has been an adjustment, having both kids at home with me all alone. I get up and leave and Husband gets the kids up and off to daycare/summer camp. Then I have to do the evening rush. Get them home about 5:30, find something for supper, feed them, bathe them, homework during the school year, any activites, bedtime and then do my stuff. I'm exhausted come Friday.

On weekends we try to cram in family time. Which doesn't leave us a lot of time together. But the advantages are no before-school for Munchkin. And Bugaboo gets to hang out with Daddy sometimes until he goes into work. When the kids are sick, there is only a 2 1/2 hour gap where we don't have child care. Much easier for one of us to miss a few hours of work than a whole day.

I'm completely off all medications for depression and just taking xanax as needed - which isn't often for panic. But I do take 1/2 pill fairly frequently to help with sleep. I still can't convince my busy brain to shut down at night. So the xanax helps with that. I think I might would do better with an anti-depressant but I hate the side effects so it's a catch-22 at the moment.

I am going to try to get back to blogging in hopes that sorting out my feelings here will help me sleep better at night without the xanax. We shall see.....

4 comments:

Eava said...

Welcome Back! We've missed you!

From Tracie said...

It's good to see you again! Love the new look around here.

I'm so glad to hear that your husband got a job...and you are settling into the new routine.

misssrobin said...

Oh, the battles I've had with sleep. Best wishes finding some peaceful slumber.

lawyerchik said...

Welcome back! I missed you, too!! I like the new format on your blog - the colors are ... kinda happy! Glad your DH has a new job, and that your babies can spend time with both of you. That's pretty good when you're the kid!! :)

BTW - my word verification word is "colavery" - which, for some reason, made me think of slavery to Coca-Cola (i.e., addiction!) :) I think I like that word!! (although mine is more like "pepsavery")